Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member

Dear Supplement Mod(s)

I want to start a group of threads offering profiles on vitamins, herbs, EFA's, Amino Acids, etc. I am not "cutting and pasting" so it is gonna take a month or two to complete. It will be fairly detailed and 100% accurate. Please PM me with an OK to do this. The main reason for the work is to offer people a sticky section to answer any questions on most of the basic supplements. Heres an example profile:

Alpha-Lipoic Acid

Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) is a powerful anti-oxidant - both on its own and as a recycler of vitamin E and C. It can restore the antioxidant properties of these vitamins after they neutrilized free radicals. ALA also stimulates the body's production of glutathione and aids in the absorbtion of coenzyme Q10, both important anti-oxidants. Because ALA is soluble in both water and fat, it can move into all parts of cells to deactivate free radicals.

Supplemental ALA has been used for decades in Europe to treat peripheral nerve degeneration and to help control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. It also helps to detoxify the liver of metal pollutants, block cataract formation, protect nerve tissue against oxidative stress, and reduce blood cholesterol levels. ALA could play an important role in the prevention and treatment of chronic degenerative diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. ALA is known as a metabolic antioxidant, because without it, cells cannot use sugar to produce energy. The body does not produce large amounts of ALA, since it is found primarily in only few foods, including spinach, broccoli, and organ meats, supplementation is most likely necassary.

I hope this is informative. If this would be of interest let me know. Like I said I can do it for every vitamin, amino acid, anti oxidant and almost every herb.

Latimus is offline Banned
    research is always welcome bro...

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Basically what I am asking is:
    1. Is something like this sticky material.
    2. If so, as I do them can they be stickyed so that as I complete them they aren't 2 pages over or lost like some other threads have been recently.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I want to start a group of threads offering profiles on vitamins, herbs, EFA's, Amino Acids, etc. I am not "cutting and pasting" so it is gonna take a month or two to complete. It will be fairly detailed and 100% accurate. Please PM me with an OK to do this. The main reason for the work is to offer people a sticky section to answer any questions on most of the basic supplements. Heres an example profile:

Alpha-Lipoic Acid

Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) is a powerful anti-oxidant - both on its own and as a recycler of vitamin E and C. It can restore the antioxidant properties of these vitamins after they neutrilized free radicals. ALA also stimulates the body's production of glutathione and aids in the absorbtion of coenzyme Q10, both important anti-oxidants. Because ALA is soluble in both water and fat, it can move into all parts of cells to deactivate free radicals.

Supplemental ALA has been used for decades in Europe to treat peripheral nerve degeneration and to help control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. It also helps to detoxify the liver of metal pollutants, block cataract formation, protect nerve tissue against oxidative stress, and reduce blood cholesterol levels. ALA could play an important role in the prevention and treatment of chronic degenerative diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. ALA is known as a metabolic antioxidant, because without it, cells cannot use sugar to produce energy. The body does not produce large amounts of ALA, since it is found primarily in only few foods, including spinach, broccoli, and organ meats, supplementation is most likely necassary.

I hope this is informative. If this would be of interest let me know. Like I said I can do it for every vitamin, amino acid, anti oxidant and almost every herb.
    Nice!

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    thats good idea, vitamins and minerals can help with everyday problems that people are always complaining about on here. this would be a very good addition.

Thread Information