edraven29 is offline Associate Member

Cool do i have to take creatine on days i dont train??

do i have to take creatine on days i dont train??

if yes when should i take it thanks

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i usually take it everyday. by taking it everyday, it stays in your body. this helps to recover faster and have more productive off days. i usually take it at the about the same time everyday, even when i don't lift.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I,m sure I answered this question from someone last week.

Yes take it even on your off days if you are using a powder.I take mine the same time I would if I was training.

Billy

kaiser soze is offline New Member
    Yes.in off days take it before your first meal and before go to bed(pre-night meal).

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    The important thing to remember is that you need to "maintain" creatine levels. Taking it everyday (I take it twice a day) will keep the level consistent.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Yes, you have to load Creatine, well that is what is recommended, hince keeping it in your body.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, But while on creatine...Ya gotta drink a ton of water!!!

sprinter is offline New Member
    One thing to add- If you ever go off creatine for an extended period of time, or are just starting creatine supplementation for the first time the "load phase" is B.S. It's just the manufactures way to make you go through it more quickly and buy more. Every reputable research study (e.g.- independent, not sponsored by the manufacturing companies, etc.) has proven the load phase to be an un-needed waste of good creatine that could be used later.

sprinter is offline New Member
    Of course they stated it differently than I did.

>>waste of good creatine that could be used later.

SolidRock is offline Junior Member
    I use creatine syrum atp by muscle marketing usa,, only needed on days you work out,,,(so they say)

Creatine Surem is chit.. I think cycle or one of the guys had a good post and info on this product. I bought it and got 0 results. Also loading Creatine is a big controversy. It is true the manufacturers are tryin to get you to buy more. I read on one very good website that 5 Grams of Creatine per day is all that is really needed depending on your size. I wish I remembered the website that recommeneded that. they did not recommend loading, but keeping a steady supply in your system. Creatine I find as must every other thing, keeping it in yoru body. I mean don't take a creatine shake once a week and expect to get gains off it. That woudl be like taking a dbol tab once a week and expecting to be in BB condition in 2 months.. come on.. let's be realistic.

SolidRock is offline Junior Member
    Ya, i just found out in that post it was shit,, atleast I did not have to pay for it,,( little brother works at supplement store and hooks me up)

YOu lucky dog... well, I bought some, I use it strickly before a volleyball game, I find it does give me energy, but nothing else.. maybe it is subconscience.. tastes like chit too

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Any of you tried the Muscle creatine by Dimax? I really like this one. By far the best creatine I've ever used!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Sprinter is correct when he says that the loading phase when starting creatine supplimentation is horse shit. I also feel, from research and personal experience, that no more than 5g per day is needed to maintain creatine levels. I'll see if I can look up the links for those findings.

Pete

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I can,t see the point in loading it to be honest I may though when I finish my cycle

Normally I go with 5g a day and leave it at that.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Creatine

Creatine has always been a part of my arsenal in the gym. Although I have tried the liguid creatine that Sicilian spoke off, I prefer the powder. Creatine surpress latic acid in your muscles. This same latic acid is what cause fatigue in yor muscles when they are under strain. Witrh the surpression of latic acid, the muscle can do more work for longer periods of time thus you can work out longer. As mentioned above, drinking lots of water is reccommended to help out the kidneys. ( Large amounts of creatine have been contributed to kidney stones) I useally take mine everyday.
    Tobey

cnyce89 is offline Banned

Loading horse shit! this explains..

Taken from MHP's website...ive found there creatine works very good!

It is believe that by loading the muscles with extra Creatine, more Creatine would be available for energy production by the muscles after the initial exhaustion of Creatine reserves. The common prescribed dose during the loading phase is 5 grams four times a day (20 grams total) for 4 days followed by a 5-gram maintenance dose for eight to ten weeks. But the amount of Creatine present in muscle cells can saturate the sodium transport system responsible for enabling more Creatine to enter the muscles, reducing the flow of new Creatine because already present Creatine stores are blocking the diffusion gradient. Consuming more immediate-release Creatine does not necessarily push more Creatine into the muscles because it can shut down the sodium pump responsible for shuttling the Creatine into muscle to begin with. In addition, a high Creatine concentration will down-regulate muscle Creatine transport.

cnyce89 is offline Banned

just a little more....

Further research on immediate release Creatine loading showed even more evidence against its effectiveness. One study showed that administering a loading phase followed by a 5 gram per day maintenance phase had no greater effect on Creatine in muscle after 30 days, than administering 5 grams per day with no loading phase. It has also been determined that most people can only store 2 to 3 grams of Creatine in the skeletal muscles. So, any thing more is likely being excreted thru urine or feces.

cnyce

Thread Information