Thread: multivitamin

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator

multivitamin

can someone suggest a multivitamin for me take? i don't need anything fancy, just a good solid multi.

bigtraps is offline Member
    About the multivitamin.. Two night ago i went to a product show on suppliments. They were showing me these vitamins that were liquid form, you drink them. They were called isotonic
    I also seen a centrim sit in a glass of acid for 1.5 hours, it never broke down. The reason behind this was to show that most vitamins pass through the body bevore they can be broken down.
    Tomarrow i am going to a open house a Gold's Gym, these guys who are selling this stuff will be there. I can find a web if you are interested.

that would be cool. thanks. i've heard that about centrum before. weird

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I take a multi vit with cod liver oil and OK it is big but does the job and they are pretty cheap about £3 for a months worth

Billy

billy boy, what are they called? do you think i'll find them in the states?

I just buy mine from a local supermarket and they should be readily available in the US it is just a Mulitvitamin with added Cod Liver Oil no particular brand as they are all the same strength and the Cod Liver oil is 500mg (No RDA for this)

Billy

What is cod liver good for, it must be worth it or you obviosy would not take it??

edraven29 is offline Associate Member

hi guys

i take a multi vitamins, well i take life its cheap and the same thing has centrum.

I also take 3g of vitamine C a day and 800 iu of vitamine E

i bough some cheap antioxidant called ace with selenium.

to be honest when i take my vitamine C and E i feel a lot better and more energy.

hope this helps.

History of Cod Liver Oil
    It first became established in the fishing communities of Scotland, Iceland, Norway and Greenland several centuries ago where they used it to protect themselves against the rigour in the intense cold that they were exposed to. Our grandparents are fond of telling stories of taking their daily dose of Cod Liver Oil (CLO) to relieve such complaints as rheumatism, aching muscles and stiff joints. During the 1890s, it was commonly used to treat rickets, which affected nine out of ten malnourished children. In the 1950s, more research was carried out into the essential fatty acids Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) contained in Cod Liver Oil and other oily fish. This research has led to the modern view of Cod Liver Oil as not only beneficial in such conditions as rheumatism, but also as a benefit to the heart and circulatory system. This is now probably one of the biggest selling supplements in Europe.

The Benefits of Cod Liver Oil

Blood flow – may be aided by EPA and DHA, discouraging blood platelets from sticking together.

Blood pressure – EPA and DHA may help reduce this.

Coronary Heart Disease – risk may be reduced if regular intakes are given. Research has shown that it reduces the likelihood of blood clotting, makes the heart less prone to arrhythmias (irregular heart beats). It alters the balance of blood fats in a favourable way and reduces the viscosity of blood, thereby faciliting blood flow.

Bones and Teeth – require vitamin D to maintain their strength. Cod Liver Oil is a good source of vitamin D.

Vision – Vitamin A is essential for the formation of visual purple (for night vision).

Healthy Skin and Mucous Membranes – CLO is rich in Vitamin A, the large amount present is beneficial for skin and mucous membranes..

Arthritis – Improvements in the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis have been reported in patients taking fish oil supplements.

Properties

Cod Liver Oil contains:-

Vitamin A, which is essential for the immune system, bone growth, night vision, cellular growth, testicular and ovarian function.

Vitamin D, which is essential for the absorption and utilisation of calcium and potassium, which are required for skeletal growth.

EPA and DHA, omega 3 fatty acids, which are converted in the body to produce prostaglandins that affect a wide variety of physiological processes due to their modulating effect on the action of hormones. It is thought that EPA and DHA may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.

Hope this helps Bigtraps I,ve always taken this from the age of about 19 just a habit I got into

Billy

When ever you are asked a question everyone is in for a real treat.. thanks much. i usued to have a teacher at school who would answer a question like yo do, like you were reading from the New England book of health. LOL peace

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Hey Billy...can you give us a little more detail on CLO and what it does?
    Pete

thanks boys. my classroom is full of germs from those kids. i gotta take every precaution so i don't get sick

Hey Pete is that not enough info man?? LOL I,ll find something for you I mainly take it for the vits and because it helps to keep joints flexible and supple and we all need that with old age creeping on - leave it with me

Bigtraps just glad to provide some of the answers (not in Pete,s case -LOL)

Billy

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you guys think those mega men vitamins from GNC ever break down in your system... I piss bright green when I take them so they must be breaking down.

Right?

That can be a natural herb inside of the pill so I would say yes they are breaking down also that is a side effect of Taraxtone and that is caused from the herbs used.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    I use GNC Mega Man (cos I am ) and I'd swear by them for quality and price.

God Damn Big Al you have got to be getting paid by GNC!!

C,mon how much do they pay you for each mention?

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Did I ever tell you the sotry when I complained and said I was taking my business elsewahere, shit did I get some gift vouchers LOL

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm....Multi-vitamins. Water soluble vitamins that you cannot use will be pissed out, and most fat soluble levels are not even close to the toxic levels. The Minerals however that most companies use are metalic, and come from oyster shell or other sea products. the problem is that our bodies were never intended to digest them, so we absorb about 3-5% of it and that's it. Then the chelation process came along....they wrap an amino around the metalic mineral and BOOM we're able to absorb 30-40% of the mineral. I purchase a decent muti and take it with each meal, along with an antioxidant and my efa's that way I know I'm getting enough. Hope this helps.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Multi -Vitamins

You know, I'm probably gonna catch hell for this, and to tell the truth I probably deserve it. But vitamins are somthing that I have never taken on a consitent basis. I'll have to start back and give them a try. I know. I know, I need to get over the idea that if it ain't gonna make me any bigger then f*&5k it. Somethings are just good for your over all health.
    IC

The Chef...NO Vitamis? Say it aint so. You want me to send you some?

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

I'll be waiting

Dumbells 101,
    HA,ha,ha,ha,ha,
    You know, I have to admit that that is a flaw of mine. I'll be waitin by the mailbox dumbells!
    Tobey

Tobey I have a partner in SC who I could of had him ship the vitamins back with the Tide a couple weeks ago...Great game huh.

Thread Information