Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member

Question 4-Andro vs. 5-Andro

I've been researching and came across this, before you read it all, my question is why do people use 4Derm as opposed to a 5andro derm?:

5-andro is an anabolic testosterone precursor much like androstenedione. An enzyme in the liver (17-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase) converts it to testosterone, so it's basically one step away. Its technical name is 5-androstene-3-beta,17-beta-diol.

5-androstenediol has the incredible ability to magnify muscle growth, increase energy, and speed recovery times. It compliments the effects of 19-norandrostenedione and androstenedione. Except for one thing--it works three times better!!! Studies show that it converts to testosterone at a rate of 15.76%, compared to the 5.61% of andro and 19-norandro. A highly effective, highly recommended stack is 5-androstenediol, androstenedione, and tribulus terrestris. Tribulus terrestris works to maintain the production of natural luteinizing hormone. This, in turn, works to add to an excellent testosterone-producing stack.
    It seems to work a little better than 4-Androstenediol. The benefit to 5-Androstenediol is it may exert anabolic effects in its unconverted state. This means that it might not have to be converted into testosterone to have an anabolic effect on muscle tissue. This is very significant because a large portion of all pro-hormone substrates go unconverted in the body. With 5-Androstenediol, this unconverted portion may be anabolic in muscle tissue.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    The second part, whoever wrote it was hyping up 5-andro and downplaying 4-andro. 4-andro is more anabolic when unconverted.

LM600 is offline New Member
    I believe that 5AD has to convert to 4AD before converting to testosterone

physio_sport is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I've been researching and came across this, before you read it all, my question is why do people use 4Derm as opposed to a 5andro derm?:

5-andro is an anabolic testosterone precursor much like androstenedione. An enzyme in the liver (17-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase) converts it to testosterone, so it's basically one step away. Its technical name is 5-androstene-3-beta,17-beta-diol.

5-androstenediol has the incredible ability to magnify muscle growth, increase energy, and speed recovery times. It compliments the effects of 19-norandrostenedione and androstenedione. Except for one thing--it works three times better!!! Studies show that it converts to testosterone at a rate of 15.76%, compared to the 5.61% of andro and 19-norandro. A highly effective, highly recommended stack is 5-androstenediol, androstenedione, and tribulus terrestris. Tribulus terrestris works to maintain the production of natural luteinizing hormone. This, in turn, works to add to an excellent testosterone-producing stack.
    It seems to work a little better than 4-Androstenediol. The benefit to 5-Androstenediol is it may exert anabolic effects in its unconverted state. This means that it might not have to be converted into testosterone to have an anabolic effect on muscle tissue. This is very significant because a large portion of all pro-hormone substrates go unconverted in the body. With 5-Androstenediol, this unconverted portion may be anabolic in muscle tissue.

5-ad has a high conversion rate to estrogen.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    The second part, whoever wrote it was hyping up 5-andro and downplaying 4-andro. 4-andro is more anabolic when unconverted.

are you sure that its anabolic when unconverted ive heard of a lot of different views on this but not sure who to belive?

one crazy thing i came across was a thread over at anabolicminds.com in the injectable thread stated 4ad cyp good or bad one guy works at a lab and took various blood tests and compared them to regular testosterone enan levels.

Thread Information