Thread: Need a FAQ

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin

Need a FAQ

Well, this has been going on in the steroid questions section. We are assembling a FAQ for steroids that I have been putting in the FAQ on this board. Look at at the top. Valmont suggested that we put together one for supplements so we don't get the same questions over and over again, which I think is a great idea. So, anyone who wants to chip in, fire away. I need good questions and good answers and I will put them in the Boards FAQ section.

Archangel230 is offline Junior Member
    Well, for starters it should be addressed that the impact most supplements will aid in one's progress are mild at best. Like AAS use, diet and training must be in place.

Second, any thread dealing with legitimate studies about popular supplements such as "ALA: Please show me some studies", which was answered nicely by 956Vette I feel would contribute quite well.

Third, I'm not sure if a "Supplement guide for beginners" would be needed for this board because most are probably aware of the basics, but it's a nice thought.

Archangel230 is offline Junior Member
    Oh yeah, there are quite a few threads about cycling various supplements (the two most asked about are creatine and ECA stacks). I'll try a search for some good Q&A after I get some sleep.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    I think Archangel is right on the Supplement guide for begginners, I was a beginner when i found this board, and still learning. Nickrizz made good points about the quality of supplements from gnc. Thats an important issue, cause everyone knows how expensive bbing can be and how discourging it is to not make gains because u r using some bogus supplement.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Originally Posted by EXCESS

What is Glutamine supposed to do?

Glutamine regulates protein synthesis, along with inhibiting protein degradation and stimulating glycogen synthesis. Due to these effects, glutamine plays an important part in your body by aiding recovery of muscle calls. Intense weight training (inducing a catabolic state) has been shown to uniformly decrease glutamine levels by 50%, taking several hours to return to normal levels. In athletes, glutamine has been used as a marker to overtraining. In this condition research shows glutamine levels are significantly reduced, taking up to one month to return to baseline. These athletes have increased susceptibility to infection, resulting from impaired immune functions. For these reasons, athletes have been supplementing their diet with significant amounts of glutamine. In addition, glutamine has an important cell volumizing effect, which is to trigger a growth promoting effect. Glutamine is also a nitrogen transporter, helps in the correction of acidosis, preserves blood pH, and stimulates the immune system.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    So what exactly do you need in here PT the the FAQs on BCAA phs protiens all that stuff or is there a oreder you want us to go in

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    I haven't been paying attention to this like I should. Look at the FAQ button at the top of the board. You will see what I am doing. I need to update it again it looks like.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I will look into some Q&A on mass gains supplements.

Thread Information