Jenna is offline Female Member

Creatine Suggestions

I took creatine for about 2 months a while back, and want to get started on it again. Since it can be expensive - what are your recommendations as to what brand I should purchase? Which have you noticed better results on?

<<<< JENNA >>>>

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I been using sport science, cheap, mix it with whey and maladrexdrin, for the slin spike, I would go with something that is cheap and don't worry about the "super mixes" a la cell tech and what not, doesn't seem to make much difference.

superbeast is offline Member
    Just buy the cheapest creatine powder. Why did you go off of it? There is no scientific reasoning for ever going off of creatine.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i use Dymatize Micronized Creatine 500 grams
    i pay 15.95 for it
    you wanna get Micronized cause it disolves in water and its not all grity taste'n

as long as its all 100% pure Creatine Monohydrate most brands are the same as far as results

for your body id run 10g maybe 15g a day
    that should last you over a month

Suggested Use: Initial Phase (Days 1 thru 5): Use 1 heaping teaspoon 4 times daily (body weight less than 195 lbs.). 1 heaping teaspoon 5 times daily (195-225 lbs.) or 1 heaping teaspoon 6 times daily (225+ lbs.)
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/discount...on/dy-004.html

allsport actually has it cheap
    Last edited by DevilsDeity; 03-12-2002 at 12:17 PM.

weightsbeforedates is offline Junior Member

Re: Creatine Suggestions

Originally posted by Jenna
    I took creatine for about 2 months a while back, and want to get started on it again. Since it can be expensive - what are your recommendations as to what brand I should purchase? Which have you noticed better results on?
    Just my $.02 but I like Prolab's creapure creatine. The results have been better with Prolabs's creatine. I would concentrate on using creatine directly after your workout because creatine in an exercised muscle can be up to 15% higher in concentration (so it makes sense to supplement with creatine at this time.) Most people will agree that 5g/daily is enough but I believe that an increase in body weight should result in an increase in creatine intake. Most advanced bodybuilders can use up to 10g/daily spread out over two servings. Hope this helps, take care.

Originally posted by superbeast
    Just buy the cheapest creatine powder. Why did you go off of it? There is no scientific reasoning for ever going off of creatine.
    Well - the reason I went "off" of it was because I was getting it for free from my x-roommate - and when he moved out, he took it with him... I just haven't gotten around to buying more.....

Are you a scientist?

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Hmm, not by profession, but I probably know more about nutrition or supplements than most scientists!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    www.dpsnutrition.com has AST micronized 1000 grams for $24.89. Four or more for 22.95

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    creatine is not the answer to your delima. you dont need extra weight or size at this point. just clean your diet up and start going to the gym. it doesnt matter how big a muscle is, if its covered with a layer of fat, it just looks fat. you need to tighten and tone, not get bigger.

Originally posted by bigkev
    creatine is not the answer to your delima. you dont need extra weight or size at this point. just clean your diet up and start going to the gym. it doesnt matter how big a muscle is, if its covered with a layer of fat, it just looks fat. you need to tighten and tone, not get bigger.
    Is this directed at Jenna? From looking at her pictures, I don't see layers of fat covering her muscle. She looks pretty toned to me. How would you like it if somebody made comments about you like this? Aren't you the one always warning people about flaming in the Members Pictures Forum?
    Last edited by superbeast; 03-13-2002 at 10:01 AM.

Naturally Anabolic is offline Associate Member
    well i have tried almost all the creatines available sooo let me give ya the run down on what i liked most....

1) EAS Phophogen HP (take it with ALA cap and you got celltech at half the cost) you can get it from anywhere between 12$-29$ and does not have 75g dextrose and sugar in it either. I constantly gain from this combination as im still natty

2)AST - Cost effective

3)CreaPure by Prolabs

4)EAS Riboforce HP (pricey as hell but found it to be one of the best as far as drinkability)

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Is this directed at Jenna? From looking at her pictures, I don't see layers of fat covering her muscle. She looks pretty toned to me. How would you like it if somebody made comments about you like this? Aren't you the one always warning people about flaming in the Members Pictures Forum?
    Couldnt have said it better myself - kev, lets keep this off the board

jammergsxr is offline Member

Hey guys.......

If I'm not mistaken Big Kev and jenna know each other very well,So I'm sure he is not just flaming her and she knows how to take it.From what I've read Kev just aint like that!! So relax I'm sure he'll explain.

jammergsxr - i think superbeast was referring to the WAY kevin said what he said.... yes, kevin and i know each other but haven't seen each other in a while.... the pics i posted in member pics are recent.... everyone has different opinions on whether or not I look fat (as Kevin says) in those pics or not..... I'll have to go with the majority and say that I will try the creatine and lay off the clen a while longer...

I got my creatine answers and that's what i wanted...thanks all!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

first of all, it wasnt a flame intended to cut jenna down. secondly, i know better than anyone here whether or not jenna needs creatine. and she doesnt. she has tons of muscle, and no, she is not fat, far from it. but, simply getting back to a normal schuedule and back to her usual eating habits would get her exactly where she wants to be. with genetics like hers, she doesnt need creatine. i helped jenna for a long time and know how quickly her body responds to even moderate changes in the gym.

now there is the BK man we love and respect - well respect anyway, im not into that kind of love thing

and you are who?

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    OK guys enough is enough.Lets leave it here before it goes further.

Jenna shop around different stores have specials on all the time but as Big Kev rightly suggested the diet needs to be good and if you are trimming and toning you would be best off leaving it out of your supplements.

Well, I just went out and got some of Bally's Creatine. I'll start taking it tomorrow....its the same stuff Kevin had me taking in the past, so it should work pretty good.

<<<< JENNA >>>>

if your gonna take it just remember, 1 scoop a day jenn. they say 5 scoops and to load, but that has been scientifically proven unnessasary, they just want you to use it all so you have to buy more, and it isnt cheap.
    Last edited by bigkev; 03-16-2002 at 05:47 PM.

Originally posted by bigkev

and you are who?
    Do you really want to get into that?

Nice attitude for a moderator.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Just my opinion, don't know if it is all in my head but I feel that creatine really does a great job increasing my strength. I like to find any micronzed on sale and go with it, have not really noticed much difference between brands. I would say if it did positive things before, stick with it. I wish I could really know what the results were from using it, too many variables to figure out.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by scottp999
    Just my opinion, don't know if it is all in my head but I feel that creatine really does a great job increasing my strength. I like to find any micronzed on sale and go with it, have not really noticed much difference between brands. I would say if it did positive things before, stick with it. I wish I could really know what the results were from using it, too many variables to figure out.
    Hey scottp999... your screen name is similar to mine... there goes my originality.

no more attitude on this thread - locked, sorry jenn

Thread Information