NightOp is offline Member

Pre/Post workout Creatine Transport

Okay guys... ive dug around a bit for a few of these questions and have found some good answers, but still need some clarification. Here is what I'm taking right now.

Preworkout (1 hour before)

200mg ALA
    50 grams dextrose
    30 grams protein
    5 grams creatine monohydrate (micronized)

Postworkout (10 mins after)

200mg ALA
    50 grams dextrose
    30 grams protein
    5 grams creatine monohydrate (mirconized)
    5 grams glutamine peptides
    A crapload of complex carbs (dinner)

- the main goal of all the ALA, dextrose, and creatine is to have sort of a "poor man's" creatine transport. Now, onto a few questions.

1>What would you change to this? Up the ALA any?

2>Can I mix all of the dextrose,creatine, protein, and glutamine into one big nasty shake (in my blender)?

3>All of this stuff (cept for ALA and the complex carbs of course) is in powder form, how can I measure 50 grams of dextrose and 5 grams of creatine with a teaspoon and/or a simple protein scoop? I got most of this stuff from www.proteinfactory.com and there was no measuring stuff or info...

4>I know that my glutamine peptides (got them elsewhere) however says that one teaspoon is 5 grams of glutamine, well is that a heaping spoonfull or a leveled off spoonfull, this would apply to question #3 about all the other powders as well?

Thanks guys... lots of questions but i wanna make sure im doing this right and gettin my money's worth.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member

:)

1>What would you change to this? Up the ALA any?
    Dont know i would just take the creatine alone

2>Can I mix all of the dextrose,creatine, protein, and glutamine into one big nasty shake (in my blender)? I dont think your body will absorbe all that as well as just taking it alone like 1/2 hour apart (creatine and glutamine expecially)

3> I measure 50 grams of dextrose and 5 grams of creatine with a teaspoon and/or a simple protein scoop?
    1/3 ounce...........................10 grams
    1/2 ounce...........................15 grams
    1 teaspoon ..........................5 grams
    1 tablespoon 3 teaspoons........1/2 ounce
    http://www.inventorscolony.com/mr/TBSP.htm

4> however says that one teaspoon is 5 grams of glutamine, well is that a heaping spoonfull or a leveled off spoonfull,
    just a spoonfull its ok if its more than 5grams. and yes it would apply to Question #3.

hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pre/Post workout Creatine Transport-m.jpg  

okay, thanks alot, very helpful.

fyi- the reason I'm taking ALA is that it helps with the effectiveness/utilization of creatine... i'm told that 400mg with your creatine along with dextrose is basically the best way to get the most out of creatine and get a good insulin spike post workout.... however all of this is expensive (yet not as expensive as buying "ready made" creatine transports such as Trans-X) so I'm gonna keep the ALA at 200mg w/each meal.

bump... anyone see anything else they would change/suggestions?

okay guys.. an update on the creatine. (Well, first off, I lowered the ALA to 200mg because it is expensive as a side note..)

This stuff works great !!!!

I have gained 7 pounds in 2 weeks and very little visible bloat or fat increases... part of the jump in mass/strength is due to the fact that I changed up my routine (training routine that is) at the same time i began the creatine. I'll be sure to tell everyone how much muslce I kept after I stop the creatine in a few weeks.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    the main thing about about digestion you should keep in mind is this:

protien; needs acid to break down
    carbs; needs alkaline (sp?) to break down

another update> almost to 10 pound gain as I approach three weeks of use. I love this stuff, but the mass increase might also be due to the fact that I just started a bulking period where I'm eating a crapload of unsaturated fat (handful of peanuts with every meal/shake.) Regardless, my strength is up considerably and I can train longer it seems.

I'm gonna do three-four more weeks of use and then begin a minor cutting period for the lake this summer

Question, is there an optimal way to come off creatine to keep the weight on? I realize a moderate amount of my gain is water, so would slowly reducing the creatine over a week down to zero help me maintain the weight?

Anyone have a round figure for what percentage weight gain is kept after you come off creatine (assuming you are training and eating right.. and sleeping)?

well.... I decided to stop the creatine after last week (friday was my last serving)... A recent study at UCLA says creatine is most effective at 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off.... Don'task me why.. i will have to dig up the article...

Anyway... its been almost six days now since I came off and I have not lost ANY weight... rather I gained a pound. My bodyfat is constant (if not slightly slightly less). I drank a ridiculus amount of water while on, and continue to... When will my weight drop due to the creatine induced water retension? If I keep all this weight I wll be very happy. My strength increased slowed down big time, and the pumps are less of course.

Just thought I'd bump this one with my results.. Any one else care to share how much weight and/or strength they kept from a creatine use period (cycle if you will)?

My rough changes were>

Started at 162 pounds at maybe 11% bf (or less) (lay off, I'm short ).

Peaked at 175 pounds after just over two weeks of creatine use and heavy heavy bulking diet (lots of peanuts for the "good" fat intake). I was very noticably bigger and had a slightly noticable increase in bf, but not enough to bother me.

Now fully off creatine for over a full week, I'm at 170 +|- a pound. Like I said, strength still high but the gains are slower (as normal) and some of the balloon effect has decreased (water weight most likely which would account for the weight loss). I wouldn't be surprised if I gained 5 pounds of muscle in the end, however, I did all of this with a new routine and had a blast with it.. I love creatine.
    Last edited by NightOp; 04-29-2002 at 11:21 PM.

caseylee is offline Junior Member
    thanks for keeping us up dated nightop !! ill have to give this cycle a shoot, but a question for you, could you see the water ret. ??

Originally posted by caseylee
    thanks for keeping us up dated nightop !! ill have to give this cycle a shoot, but a question for you, could you see the water ret. ??
    At first no, but as it occurred, I was gainning some real weight (more muscle and a little fat), so it was hard to tell... I didn't feel bloated, but I know the water was there... i think the water retention thing is somewhat exaggerated. Good luck with your creatine bro..

solid-d is offline Member
    Nice post bro... I just made a post about cell tech, Witch I just had great gains. Not much weight increasement, but added some reps to most my sets. What creatine did you take, and how much. Im taking 1 1/2 scoops of celltech from a huge ass bucket(7lbs) that was only $45. Im eating too. I didnt know I could go up that much in strenth in a few short weeks. Kinda like the natural feeling. Well got me a new bucket later in the week. Check back here to see some other good info.

thnx for that reply solid-d, I was using 100% micronized creatine monohydrate from www.proteinfactory.com (they offer this with no brand name.. just straight powder in a bag... I sort of felt like a drug dealer when i got it in cuz it looks like drugs.) But that stuff is great regardless.. cheap and effective.

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member

Re: :)

Originally posted by DevilsDeity
    1>

2>Can I mix all of the dextrose,creatine, protein, and glutamine into one big nasty shake (in my blender)? I dont think your body will absorbe all that as well as just taking it alone like 1/2 hour apart (creatine and glutamine expecially)

hope this helps
    Wait a second........glutamine peptides work better when taken with a protein shake dont they?? and the new stuff i bought called lava which has creatine protein and carbs in it .....thats not a good post workout choice?

I'll leave that one for him to answer but I think that he meant my glutamine peptides (which YES can/should be taken with other food or a shake; unlike l-glutamine which must be taken on an empty stomach) should be taken apart from creatine because all of that is alot for the body to absorbe... even though peptides can be taken with food.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    the l-glutamine i take on an empty stomach

the peptides i take w/ a protein shake

but can a protein carb and creatine mix absorb well post workout?

I think so xzoomzx cuz that is what I do and have no complaints.. I wouldn't worry about it personally.

hey night ops just like the old saying.....it all goes to the same place mine as well mix it lol........when i was very young thats the way my mom would have to feed me hahahahahah

Thread Information