xplicit is offline Member

Exclamation Something i heard about protein

I was watching tv before i left to go to my cousins house today and there was a paid programming thing on a channel i was watching it and it said that some people take in too much protein that not all of it breaks down and could go to your joints and casue arthritis and also give you some sexaul problems. Does anyone know anything about this ? I take a moderate supply but i was palnning on increaseing the amount. I guess its true too much of anything is no good. I wish i could have caught hte name of the thign i was watching but i had to leave.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i never heard of protein doing that

I never herd of protein doing that either thats why i asked to see if anyone on here knew about it. I wish i would have caught the name of the show it was a paid programming show and i was watching it for liek 5 minutes before i had to leave. I tried to catch the name by using the info button and all it said was paid programming i didnt even have time to see what product or service the were showing. Its pissing me off cause it was showing body types and it looked interseting and i had to leave. I dont know hopefully i can catch it on tv.

NightOp is offline Member
    hmm paid programming is my first objection i have never heard of that... maybe bexsome knows.

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    noway that cant be true, i dont believe it. correct me if im wrong any1 but sometimes protein dosnt get completly used or broken down but i cant see how it would effect your sex life or joints. i bet u whatever they were tryin to sell they needed to bash protein and what better way than to say it will mess up your sex life.

I really hope i get to see this again and watch the whole thing casue they were showing body types on a diagram and showing all the side effects but i dont know what they were selling, it was on during the day too. If i catch it on tv ill let you guys now what its about.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Ok bro firstly I believe that to be false.There has never been any long term studies performed into what excess amounts of protein can do to the body.We all know that excess amounts can turn into fat be also the athlete needs more protein than the avg person.

I,d be interested if you watch the program again let me know you can pm or e-mail me

Met-Rx is offline Junior Member
    Would'nt your body just get rid of it as waste as it does to excess vitamins?

Hey i cant argue for it , im not making things up i jsut caught about 5 minutes of this paid program on easter right before i went out. I dont want u guys to think im spreading some rumors or false info around i started this thread to find out if what i caugh was true. If i do get lucky and catch this program again ill let you know what it says. Does anyone knwo where i can find out info about paid prgoramming shows?? Maybe if i search the web i can stumble on that show its goign to be a pain in the ass casue the info button on the cable jsut said paid programming. If i find out any new info il post it here or pm anyone who is instested.

NightOp is offline Member
    check the TV guide if you know the channel and time it was on...

the tv guide for the cable i have digital cable and it has a info button on the remote i clicked th infobutton and it just said paid programming thats all usually if u click the info button on a show it will give u the name but i guess the paid programmign shwos just say paid programming

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Its complete bullsh*t. Muscle tissue is comprised of something like 80% water and 20% protein. You need protein to live as much as you need water and carbs. Excess protein is excreated by the body (in your poop if i remember correctly). Excessive amounts over long periods without the proper intake of water (meaning you are dehydrated a lot - like most Americans are (mainly because of all of the soda they drink)) can lead to kidney stones. That is the only bad thing that I can say about protein.

And yes, I'm sure you can take in too much protein, but it would have to be a rediculous amount. For example, you can die from drinking too much water. If you drink something like 10 gallons of water a day your salt content in your body will plummit and you can die. But damn, I can't even drink 1 gallon a day.

My guess is protein could be the same way. If you eat too much you could screw up the levels of other stuff in your blood. Here is the thing though, the most I have ever seen recommended is 3 grams per pound of body weight per day. I have never been able to consume that much protein, but my guess, and this is a guess here, if you consumed something like 30 or 40 grams per pound of body weight per day you could develop some kind of problem. But come on, who can do that?

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    you can die from anything from salt to water these days!

what can't kill you? lol

ripped_82 is offline Member
    The effect of dairy products on the risk of osteoporosis-related fractures is subject to controversy. According to a review of 46 studies,36 different dairy products appear to have different effects on bone density and fracture rates. Milk, especially nonfat milk, probably does more good than harm because of its relatively lower protein and salt content, as well as its higher level of calcium. Cottage cheese and American cheese, on the other hand, probably do more harm than good. Cottage cheese is high in protein and salt but low in calcium, factors which could contribute to bone loss. American cheese is extremely high in salt and high in protein. These foods are not recommended as calcium sources for the prevention of osteoporotic fractures. Although there may be better ways of getting calcium, younger women who wish to prevent osteoporosis might consider nonfat milk and nonfat yogurt to be reasonable dietary calcium sources.

Since whey protein is alomost non-fat, and comes from dairy your ok dude.

Thread Information