RiptUp is offline Junior Member

MSM for joint pain

I'm looking for info from anyone who has found MSM good for joint pain.

My shoulder's, knees and sometimes elbows are killing me.

Thanks in advace

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a naturally occurring, organic sulfur-containing compound related to another sulfur-containing substance, DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide). MSM is found in small amounts throughout nature and has been detected in small amounts in the blood and urine of humans.1 Animal studies have shown that sulfur from oral supplements of MSM is incorporated into body proteins.2

Animal studies have reported that joints affected by osteoarthritis have lower sulfur content,3 and mice with arthritis given MSM, experience less joint deterioration.4 According to a preliminary report, a double-blind trial in people with osteoarthritis found that MSM, in the amount of 2,250 mg per day, reduced pain after six weeks.

Glucosamine is an important building block needed by the body to manufacture specialized molecules called glycosaminoglycans, found in cartilage. Glucosamine is almost exclusively researched and used for the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA).

lucky is offline New Member
    Wasting your money on MSM. Try Glucosamine and Flax Seed Oil. You should feel results in 2 to 6 weeks. If not then you might be overtraining or trying to lift weights that are too heavy for you joints at this time.

Ironweb is offline Member
    I use flax seed oil and I use a glucosamine & msm mix. I feel a much improved difference using msm from stiffness in joints. It works from my personal experence and you can go to walmart and get a glucosamine/msm mix fairly cheap.

blakyr is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up

Good stuff: I have been taking "Complete Glucosamine complex 500mg 3x with chondroitin sulfate & MSM" (One supplement) from USA nutritionals. In the first week i started to notice a difference, after 2 weeks a big difference. I have had past injuries and this has been a life saver.... It is relativly cheap compared to other brands and well worth the money if you are training hard!!

Thread Information