Thread: Flax Oil

Hans is offline Associate Member

Flax Oil

When is the best time of day to take this, how much and how often?
    Not on cycle right now and maximizing clean diet, cycle to start next month. 6'3, 215, 10%BF.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I usually get about 4-6 tablespoons a day with some protein shakes. I eat one right before bed and the other sometime in the afternoon. other people will have other ways of doing it...just how I like to eat it.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i just started taking it im taking 6 capsules a day 1 in the morning 1 before i workout 2 after i workout 1 a half hour after work out then 1 before bed

Bros...The bottle (liquid Flax oil) says drink 1 tablespoon daily. This equals 130 fat calories. I've been taking the 1 TB ED before workout with a Protein shake, but now wondering is this 1 TB is enough fat calories per day or do I need more for proper fat intake with diet. I'm on a bulking diet, weigh 217, 6'3, about 10% BF and train 1 bodypart daily, 8 hrs sleep nightly. Anybody with diet knowledge/epertise replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Hans

Also, my diet contains 5 or 6 clean meals daily consisting primarily of Protein/Carbs

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Get Fish oil instead. The ALA in flax must convert to epa/dha (want you want) and does so poorly. Flax is better than nothing, but Fish Oil is much more cost effective.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Better is UDO's choice oil. Perfect balance of Omega 3 & Omega 6

jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    I wondered this back in my hippie-dippie vegan days. I took Udo's because of vegetarianism... thank God I got over that phase. btw, wanna gain 40 pounds? Start eating meat for the first time in 5 years...

... anyway. I remember reading up about why people like Udo's... but doesn't the same conversion issue apply vs. fish oils?

Quote Originally Posted by jimihendryx
    I wondered this back in my hippie-dippie vegan days. I took Udo's because of vegetarianism... thank God I got over that phase. btw, wanna gain 40 pounds? Start eating meat for the first time in 5 years...

... anyway. I remember reading up about why people like Udo's... but doesn't the same conversion issue apply vs. fish oils?
    yes...plus most people get more than enough omega 6's in their diet.

with all due respect, not looking to lean about Udos or fish opils or eating meat for the time on 5 years, interested in what I posted/started this thread with.....

Bros...The bottle (liquid Flax oil) says drink 1 tablespoon daily. This equals 130 fat calories. I've been taking the 1 TB ED before workout with a Protein shake, but now wondering is this 1 TB is enough fat calories per day or do I need more for proper fat intake with diet. I'm on a bulking diet, weigh 217, 6'3, about 10% BF and train 1 bodypart daily, 8 hrs sleep nightly. Anybody with diet knowledge/epertise replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Hans

supplemental fat or total fat per day?

Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    supplemental fat or total fat per day?

Total fat, as my diet really has very minimal amounts of fat.

bump

Try to get at least 70g of fat per day. You should get about 6g of fish oil or so, maybe 20-30g of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, some Omega 6's (Natural PB is good for this) and the rest saturated fat. Saturated fat is not bad per se, it is needed. But not in excess.

Thread Information