Thread: Yohimbine FAQ

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements

Yohimbine FAQ

Yohimbine is an alkaloid, and is the primary active ingredient of Yohimbe bark extract. Yohimbe is not the same thing as Yohimbine. Yohimbine works by blocking pre-synaptic alpha-2-adrenergic receptors and is a moderate Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor (MAOI). MAOI’s are used to treat depression by preventing the breakdown of Serotonin and Norepinephrine (Nor-adrenalin) in the brain, increasing their availability. Since MAOI’s let copious amounts of amino acids into parts of the brain that the Monoamine Oxidase enzyme normally would breakdown, the amount of amino acids that you intake should be monitored. Tyramine in particular, an amino acid contained in a variety of foods; like cheese, liver, and most red wines. These foods should be avoided while taking Yohimbine. Consult your dietician if you plan to use Yohimbine for fat loss, so as to avoid any possible unwanted complications and to help speed your fat loss by reducing calories in your daily diet.

Yohimbine also has actions on peripheral blood vessels similar to that of Reserpine, although it is weaker and of shorter duration. Yohimbine's peripheral autonomic nervous system effect is to increase parasympathetic (cholinergic) activity and decrease sympathetic (adrenergic) activity. It should also be noted that in male sexual performance, erection is linked to cholinergic activity and to alpha-2 adrenergic blockade, which may cause an increased penile influx of blood, and a decreased penile blood outflow or both. Which is part of the reason why Yohimbine has been used for centuries as an aphrodisiac and to prevent impotency. Yohimbine exerts a stimulating action on the mood and may increase anxiety as well. Such actions have not been adequately studied or related to dosage although they appear to require high doses of the drug. Yohimbine has a mild anti-diuretic action, probably via stimulation of hypothalamic centers and release of posterior pituitary hormone, but not much is known about the pathway this works through.

Yohimbine readily penetrates the Central Nervous System and produces a complex pattern of responses in lower doses than those required to produce peripheral alpha-adrenergic blockade. These include, anti-diuresis, central nervous system excitation including elevation of blood pressure and heart rate, increased motor activity, nervousness, irritability and tremor. Sweating, nausea and vomiting are less common after oral administration of the drug, but can become a problem with increasing dosages. Also, dizziness, headache and skin flushing are commonly reported when used orally. For these reasons, Yohimbine should be used with caution along with supplements such as Caffeine and/or Ephedrine and other stimulants. For your own safety, blood pressure and heat rate should be monitored while using Yohimbine in conjunction with drugs similar to these or others known to increase blood pressure and heart rate. But as always, you should consult your physician before using Yohimbine.

This drug is not proposed for use in females during pregnancy. Neither is this drug proposed for use in pediatric, geriatric or cardio-renal patients with gastric or duodenal ulcer history. Nor should it be used in conjunction with mood-modifying drugs such as other MAO Inhibitors, antidepressants, or in psychiatric patients in general. Consult your physician before using Yohimbine.

Yohimbine’s popularity has grown not only because of its claimed effects as an aphrodisiac and hallucinogen (in higher doses,) but also because new research has shown that it may have effective antioxidant potential. Scientific research supports its claims to aid in vasodilation, increasing blood flow to the extremities and appendages of the body. So it is an effective treatment against male impotence, as well as increasing the sex drive in both men and in women.

In addition, Yohimbe has also been shown to help prevent arteries from becoming blocked or clogged and may reduce the risk of myocardial dysfunction and/or strokes. Not only does Yohimbe help men with sexual performance, increase libido, and help prevent heart attacks, but Yohimbe also has been shown to decrease fat synthesis in the body by increasing fatty acid mobilization. This is where most of you will find interest.

A little physiology is required to explain the mechanisms through which Yohimbine functions to elicit fat loss. There are two types of adrenergic receptors, they are the alpha and beta receptors. Depending upon which receptors are activated, lipolysis is either stimulated or inhibited. The best-known adrenoreceptors to most of us in the know about fat loss drugs are the beta receptors. Which are divided into subtypes 1, 2, and 3. It is through these receptors that the well-known fat loss supplements such as the ECA stack and Clenbuterol exert their effects. Activation of the alpha 2 receptor inhibits the release of Norepinephrine. So by binding to the alpha 2 receptor in essence Norepinephrine acts as its own negative feedback signal. So through negative feedback Norepinephrine shuts down its own release. Which is less than ideal in terms of fat loss. Yohimbine is a selective alpha 2 antagonist so it can short circuit the negative feedback loop, which maximizes Norepinephrine levels, in turn maximizing fat loss.

Scientific studies have shown that the ideal dosing for Yohimbine is around .2mg/kg. To figure out your ideal dose, simply do the math. Studies using doses below .2mg/kg have produced less favorable results. At this dose, little to no side effects have been reported. Another important thing to note is that insulin reduces the lipolytic effects of Yohimbine, so Yohimbine should ideally be used on a low-carb diet, or at least first thing in the morning on an empty stomach followed by your morning cardio.

I myself would start around 2-3mg’s. And increase the dosage as needed. I personally can go up to 15-20mg’s each day, but I have a high tolerance to most drugs and stimulants. Reactions will vary a lot from person to person. Some people report using up to 30-40 mg each day, while others using 2.5 mg each day can give them unbearable side effects. It’s safest to simply increase the dose gradually. I personally wouldn't recommend going beyond 20 mg each day, even if you don’t think it’s working like you want it to.

In short, Yohimbine is a very effective fat mobilizer, which in conjunction with other drugs/supplements can have profound effects on lipolysis. While combinations with Ephedrine and Caffeine have been shown to be extremely effective for fat loss, in some they can also be very dangerous. Namely those with high blood pressure, because Yohimbine along with stimulants can cause a dangerous increase in blood pressure. Once again, for your own safety consult your physician before beginning a supplementation routine including Yohimbine.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    good post bro.

nsa
    Bump for those interested in fat loss supplements.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    WHAT IS YOHIMBINE HCL?
    Yohimbine hcl is a synthetic copy of the active and effective alkaloid in yohimbe extract.

WHAT GOOD IS YOHIMBINE HCL?
    Well, its main benefit is that it allows for the release of fatty acids from "stubborn" fat.

WHAT IS "STUBBORN" FAT?
    Typically, so called strubborn fat is estrogenic in nature- though some people just have high #'s of A2 receptors- the A2 receptor is highly influenced by estrogen- if you are a
    women or have estrogenic fat patterns you most likely have large #'s of A2 receptors.

HOW DOES YOHIMBINE WORK?
    It binds to the A2 and blocks Norepinephrine(and other A2 agonist INCLUDING ESTROGEN) from binding to and agonizing it (which inhibits the release of fatty acids)- thus it
    allows for fatty acids to be "burned" and thus stubborn fat to be lost.

WHERE DOES YOHIMBINE WORK BEST?
    Best areas are typically THIGHS, TRICEPS, LOVE HANDLES, GLUTES AND CHEST. Though any area that has soft female fat is likely to have high concentrations of A2 receptors.

METHODS OF ADMINISTRATION
    1. Take Yohimbine hcl powder topically if fat loss is your most important goal
    2. Oral admin is more stimulatory- a small dose sublingually about 10-15min prior to workout can be very beneficial- much lower doses than topical
    3. Out partying or want to get really amped up yohimbine can be snorted- though dont over do it- it will make you feel crappy

LETS GET BACK TO TOPICAL AS FAT LOSS IS THE GOAL OF MOST.
    A. Twice daily topical admin will give you the greatest benefits- though smaller more frequent dosing with varied sites may produce better results in some individuals
    B. Dosing will vary depending on tolerance, one scoop or 20mg(typically) per dosing is a good place to start though some can tolerate/enjoy much higher doses- you will know
    when you take too much as it will not feel good. (headache, tired, just unwell- nothing really bad just annoying)
    C. Best sites for application as mentioned above are triceps, "love handles", thighs, glutes, calves, chest- basically any area that has fat accumulation- these areas will vary
    from individual to individual- though the above listed are the most common.

TIPS AND TRICKS- CARRIERS AND PENETRATION ENHANCERS
    1. apply after hot shower
    2. use a body scrub to get rid of dead skin- This should be done 2-3 times a week
    3. It may be of some benefit to swab the area with diluted alcohol prior to admin- though this is probably only really beneficial if not applying after a shower.
    4. use one or more carriers- depending on the site of application and sex- if you are older or a woman you will need less penetration as well

CARRIERS
    a. Organic carriers- aloe vera, while aloe vera gel is effective, the use of pure liquid aloe vera is better and thus reccomended. This carrier also hydrates the skin
    b. Menthol either diluted(see oils liste below) or in a cream base like aspercreme(1%menthol) or bengay(16%menthol) (which may itself have some localized effects- aspirin
    has been shown to inhibit oxidative phosphoralation) salycilic acid (aspirin is also a penetration enhancer). This category includes peppermint(50% l-menthol),
    wintergreen(50-70%) and spearmint oils(50-70%)- all of which are excellent carriers and penetration enhancers- if using oils be sure to dilute about 8 parts water or aloe vera
    to 1 part oil.
    c. Capsicum- contained in several cream products( the more capiscum the better)- will increase absorption, may have some localized effect on fat burning. This may be to
    harsh for some- perhaps best diluted and added to other carriers.
    e. Pluronic gel- aka phlogel- should only be used in areas with poor blood flow- as it will dramatically increase uptake. This is difficult to obtain and probably not worth the
    effort as similar results can be obtained cheaper and mopre easily.
    The best thing to do is to try these different carriers to find the ones that are right for you- the easiest to get are MENTHOL(aspercreme, bengay, peppermint oil-diluted) and
    ALOE and perhaps swab the area with alcohol just prior- for most people this is sufficient to get good results. if you have large pockets of fat with little blood flow- ie these
    areas are always cold- then using stronger penetration enhancers is advisable. Women, because they have thinner skin, will probably need to use less penetration enhancers.

WHO WILL BENEFIT MOST FROM YOHIMBINE USE?
    1. women
    2. men with female fat storage patterns
    3. men who have bulked heavily while on aromatics test/dbol - which because of the increase in estrogen will increase the number and sensitivity of A2 receptors.
    4. men who are very lean and trying to drop those last few "stubborn pounds- typically in thighs, lower back, and love handles.

info from a book -gear monster i think i got it from RONNYTHEBULL's site
    if theres nething wrong or want to do some modifications pm me and ill do em

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Im gonna try using some yohimbine in the next week or two here, I wouldnt mind seeing how/if this stuff works.

nsa
    It works, but it takes longer than a week or two to really see the effects. Not in the sense that it doesn't kick in til a few weeks, it starts working the first day you use it. But its hard to see the fat loss results if your looking at yourself everyday.

Like me personally im looking in the mirror thinking d@mn this stuff isn't doing anything, but people who haven't seen me in a few weeks tell me that i've become ripped since the last time they saw me.

bigordie is offline Member
    great work guys

as a note- the above (2nd) was written by yours truly , a long time ago. Though much of it still applies. the original title was "yohimbine and you: tips and tricks"

nsa
    I wrote mine though...

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    Sorry to resurrect this thread.... but which kind is more effective in most opinions?

topical or oral?

nsa
    Don't apologize for bringing the thread up, saved someone a bump anyway.

Depends on what you want out of it. If you want overall fat loss with emphasis on the 'stubborn' fat deposits, the ones that are hard to get rid of of, go with oral. If you want site specific fat loss then go with topical.

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    I read not to take Yohimbine with carbs, etc.

So, I was thinking taking some (topical or oral) 30 minutes before morning cardio on empty. This seems to be the standard from what I have read.

This seem optimal to everyone? I am curious about the stuff since I ahve never tried it.

.2mg/kg for the dose. I may search for caps also...

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    It works, but it takes longer than a week or two to really see the effects. Not in the sense that it doesn't kick in til a few weeks, it starts working the first day you use it. But its hard to see the fat loss results if your looking at yourself everyday.

Like me personally im looking in the mirror thinking d@mn this stuff isn't doing anything, but people who haven't seen me in a few weeks tell me that i've become ripped since the last time they saw me.
    Im not taking it to lose fat ( I wish I could GAIN a bit of BF sometimes, genetically mine is always so damn low) Im taking it more for sex drive, I dont have a problem I just would like to see if it will make things that much better. I went out and bougth some yesterday and started taking it so we'll see what happens.

nsa
    In that case tribulus might be a better idea...

In that case tribulus might be a better idea...
    Got some of that too, I have a supplement store right in my dresser drawer. You've obviously taken yohimbe before, did you notice an increase in sex drive at all, or an increase in anything at all besides fat loss. Did you notice better performance in the gym at all??? Just curious.

nsa
    Never really noticed an increase in sex drive but wasn't really paying attention to that, as my sex drive has been through the rough since i've been done with anabolics for a while now.

Never really noticed an increase in sex drive but wasn't really paying attention to that, as my sex drive has been through the rough since i've been done with anabolics for a while now.
    Done with anabolics?? Off topic, but just curious as to why??

nsa
    Because i don't need to be huge and im content with being 190-200 pounds.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Because i don't need to be huge and im content with being 190-200 pounds.

Bro, If you are 5'8" tall and weigh 190-200lbs....that is big for that frame!

Nice work, MJ

nsa
    I agree, i don't mind being semi-big compared to average people. But i don't need to be a giant moster that looks like he's getting ready to compete, ya know.

Man this stuff is too powerfull for me (Yohimbe), I cant even take it. I get really hot and light headed, I get headaches an hour or so after I take it and I halluciante slightly. Sh*t, if I took enough of it Id probably have a nice little trip. This supp. goes into my bad books.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    Man this stuff is too powerfull for me (Yohimbe), I cant even take it. I get really hot and light headed, I get headaches an hour or so after I take it and I halluciante slightly. Sh*t, if I took enough of it Id probably have a nice little trip. This supp. goes into my bad books.
    It's weird some people have no sides from it and others have side effects that they can't handle.

nsa
    Bump for the newbies...

Veretta21 is offline Junior Member
    how much of yohimbe should you take if taking it orally? and how many times a day?

nsa
    2.5-5 mg each dose which can be taken 1-3 times a day...

I'm thinking aqbout buying some for only 10$--ya think its worth it?

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Veretta21
    I'm thinking aqbout buying some for only 10$--ya think its worth it?
    Need more info...

From Beyond a Century.com---just thought I try it---I'm about 10% bf--I am basically running a bulk right now with as minimal fat gain as possible--sounds like it would fit into my plans---the product says it has 50 grams in it which turns out at about 133 servings---sounds like a deal

nsa
    Is it pure yohimbine hcl or is it yohimbe? Is it bulk powder, caps or tabs? How many mg per cap/tab? Need more info.

YOHIMBE EXTRACT, Standardized for 2% Yohimbine, 6% total alkaloids. Potent African herbal stimulant for exercise, thermogenesis, & (especially!) sexual potency. It is a selective blocker of alpha 2 adrenergic receptors, and inhibits breakdown of dopamine and norepinephrine. Tests show yohimbine to be the most powerful male aphrodisiac, stimulating brain and blood flow for strong erections and increased intensity. It works equally well for women! Can be taken in low doses over a period of weeks, or in higher doses about one hour before sex or exercise. It has no effect on testosterone levels . As a thermogenic, it is about the only substance that helps remove fat on women's hips and thighs. Recent studies show doubling of free fatty acids in the blood during exercise after using yohimbe without the cardiac or blood pressure effects linked to ephedrine. Our product is unusually powerful. Start with a very low dose to check for individual effect. Tealike bitter taste. 133 doses, 50 grams, $7.50. Code 812.0

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Veretta21
    YOHIMBE EXTRACT, Standardized for 2% Yohimbine, 6% total alkaloids. Potent African herbal stimulant for exercise, thermogenesis, & (especially!) sexual potency. It is a selective blocker of alpha 2 adrenergic receptors, and inhibits breakdown of dopamine and norepinephrine. Tests show yohimbine to be the most powerful male aphrodisiac, stimulating brain and blood flow for strong erections and increased intensity. It works equally well for women! Can be taken in low doses over a period of weeks, or in higher doses about one hour before sex or exercise. It has no effect on testosterone levels. As a thermogenic, it is about the only substance that helps remove fat on women's hips and thighs. Recent studies show doubling of free fatty acids in the blood during exercise after using yohimbe without the cardiac or blood pressure effects linked to ephedrine. Our product is unusually powerful. Start with a very low dose to check for individual effect. Tealike bitter taste. 133 doses, 50 grams, $7.50. Code 812.0
    Not any good for fat loss IMO. You need Yohimbine HCL not yohimbe bark extract...

Are there any nutrtional sites that sell topical yohimbine HCL???????

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Do a search for Lipoderm-Y
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

ladygarn is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Growingpains
    Are there any nutrtional sites that sell topical yohimbine HCL???????
    www.Yohimburn.com
    www.Avantlabs.com

Thread Information