RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member

I Think Caffiene Is Garbage While Dieting

I think it's useless and counter-productive. The main reason being that it lowers your blood sugar making your body crave it. Besides that, I get a nasty headache when it wears off.

Just thought I'd voice my opinion. Been a long while since I started a thread.

O.M.E.G.A is offline Douche Bag
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    I think it's useless and counter-productive. The main reason being that it lowers your blood sugar making your body crave it. Besides that, I get a nasty headache when it wears off.

Just thought I'd voice my opinion. Been a long while since I started a thread.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hlight=insulin

Don't EVER quote Bodybuilding.com, especially the forums. It should be called "Pre-Teen Chat".

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    no more diet-pepsi ?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Well diet pepsi is bad, but for other reasons. I believe it contains aspartame, unless i am mistaken.

But caffeine is not garbage by any means. If you can control your craving its an amazing compound to help with lipolysis. I personally don't get any headaches from caffeine either, so i love it. Some people can handle it others can't. It all depends on your own personal physiology in the end. I'm sure you have your own favorite fat loss supplements.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    There is nothing wrong with Diet Soda or Caffeine. Come on guys

nsa
    Not saying their is anything wrong with diet soda, merely pointing out that aspartame is really bad for you and IMO should be avoided at all costs.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    the aspartame scare is just that....You find website;s preaching its evils but i can show you a million studies proving it is safe.

nsa
    Why use it if you don't have to? There are studies showing both positive results and negative results of aspartame...

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Don't EVER quote Bodybuilding.com, especially the forums. It should be called "Pre-Teen Chat".

I wrote the post

Caffeine is NOT a Central Nervous Sytem Stimulant

like most think

it is not a true ""stimulant"

its blocks the uptake of a natural Sedative that our Body produces

thats about it

note :

caffeine consumption works best ONCE per day

the moment you go past that

that Sedative reaches point to where you can no longer block it

or only for a short time

( a critical mass so to speak)

note further :

caffeine stimulates the pancreas to release insulin

not a good thing for those dieting actually..........

note further:

HIGH caffeine consumption can cause Cortisol levels to rise

bad for muscle but also bad for the predisposition

of abdominal fat.......

blah

in my book once pre workout is understandable

(NOTE)

the really good fat burners have green tea in them, sometimes r-ala, and some other derivatives of compounds that largly blunt the bad effect of caffeine just described)

nsa
    Caffeine is an Adenosine receptor antagonist. Phosphodiesterase inhibition keeps cAMP levels high causing the CNS stimulation effects.

nsa
    However it is still classified medically as a CNS stimulant.

Ephedrine is a Pure CNS stimulant

Caffeines main action is the blocking of the uptake of a Sedative and thus is not PURE cns stimulant

its actions are secondary not primary

to be more correct

nsa
    I agree, but its still considered in medical circles as a CNS stimulant. What book have you written?

Who gives a shit, the bottom line is that it lowers your blood sugar. IMO, the whole crazy about putting Caffeine in Beer is so you'll drink more. Beer is loaded with sugar, Caffeine lowers blood sugar, so drink more beer.

Anyways, I'd rather mow down on some Diet Soda then take a tab of Caffeine. IMO, truly a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Not saying their is anything wrong with diet soda, merely pointing out that aspartame is really bad for you and IMO should be avoided at all costs.
    You have to be joking right?

What is it with all these action-groups protesting at anything that is made in a lab...
    When one person screamed it is carcinogenic (Cancer-promoting) on TV, suddenly the hype is on...

Aspartame is safe period....

We had a discussion about it in class about 2 months ago...

Do you actually know what aspartame is?

It is a two-peptide structure: meaning it consists of 2 amino acids linked together by a peptide bond.
    (And since it is 200 times more sweet than plain sugar, you only need a little bit of it).
    Nothing more Nothing less --> Unless you have a condition where your body can't metabolize phenyl-alanine (PhenylKetoNury Disease) it is 100% safe...

Why not attack the Sugar-mafia (Coca Cola, McDonalds and Nestle) which the WHO (World Health Organization) and I strongly agree, see as the biggest threat to a healthy life style...
    (Their products are the main reason why insuline-resistance and therefor Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Obesity, Birth Disorders and a decrease in lifespan and life-quality are of such a big concern in the "Rich Countries")

Greets
    Kingofmasters

nsa
    what class?

LOL, yes i know what it is. I simply don't think you should take it if you don't have to. And i agree those companies you named are far worse in the end than aspartame. I do my best to avoid ingesting anything thats not naturally occuring, and eat natural foods almost all the time. So i don't ingest any of those silly chemicals, including aspartame, and im healthy. What health benefit does aspartame provide?

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    Splenda is a superior sweetener, buti aspartame still trumps sugar. I eat clean 365 days a year, but I do drink a lot of diet soda. It keeps me sane.

YVR
    YVR is offline Junior Member
    I think the problem is having to wake up at 6am everyday and trying to stay awake at work during the 1st few hours. Without a coffee I feel like crap and find it near impossible to be productive that early in the morning. What would you take in place of coffee that would give u the same similar effect?

Quote Originally Posted by YVR
    I think the problem is having to wake up at 6am everyday and trying to stay awake at work during the 1st few hours. Without a coffee I feel like crap and find it near impossible to be productive that early in the morning. What would you take in place of coffee that would give u the same similar effect?

Green tea ( 3 bags or so)

also maybe 1 ibuprofen for a bit till you level out ( takes about 3 days-1 week
    to get off Caffeine via this route)

YVR
    YVR is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, I'll try that route...my counter now has 2 boxes of it

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Caffeine disturbs my sleep if I take too much.....I've actually started leaving out the caffeine in my last serving of ECA, and I'm sleeping like I used to again because of it. I think I still get the full E+C benefit too because of the caffeine thats already in my system from the two previous doses, looking at the half and active life of caffeine.....plus I still have all the positive ECA effects, just without any of the insomnia now.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Caffeine disturbs my sleep if I take too much.....I've actually started leaving out the caffeine in my last serving of ECA, and I'm sleeping like I used to again because of it. I think I still get the full E+C benefit too because of the caffeine thats already in my system from the two previous doses, looking at the half and active life of caffeine.....plus I still have all the positive ECA effects, just without any of the insomnia now.
    How close to your desired time to go to sleep is your last dose?

Quote Originally Posted by YVR
    Thanks, I'll try that route...my counter now has 2 boxes of it

thanks

the Ibuprofen seems to level out the "pain" of caffeine withdrawl

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    How close to your desired time to go to sleep is your last dose?

Without the caffeine tab in that last dose (how I do it now), its around 7 hrs. Back when I would include the caffeine tab it would be more like 10 hrs and my sleep still would suffer a little bit usually ( I would cram the doses into a shorter time span to try to avoid that, now I spread them out more like the 'take it every 4 hrs' ideal regimen).

I think 600mg of caffeine was just too much for me, and that was that. I'm also taking stuff to keep my receptors fresh, so its still very potent to me even after several weeks of use, and that might have been some of it too.
    Last edited by UrbanLegend; 06-09-2005 at 12:41 PM.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    coffee is GREAT!!!! didn't read entire thread, just thought I'd give my 2cents

Thread Information