DC24 is offline Junior Member

High Insulin Levels

Ok I'm a newbie here and I am trying to get the whole concept of everything with lifting and eating right. My question is what actually happens when you are eating 5- 6 times a day. I know that your not as hungry through out the day and as bb or pl you need to calories to grow, but what is happening with the insulin levels, why is it important to keep the levels high. If anybody could hook me up with a link or anything to in reference to this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanx.

Pembo is offline Junior Member
    Don't have a reference but can give u what i know.

Maintaining a steady insulin level all day prevents peaks and troughs. If you get really high peaks lots of glucose is taken up by the cells of the body. If too much glucose is taken up it will not all be used for energy or stored as glycogen which means excess is stored as fat.

Another reason for keeping levels steady is because insulin causes the uptake of amino acids to the muscle cells leading to muscle growth.

If you get really low levels of insulin then it can lead to gluconeogenisis
    (the breakdown of muscle protein for energy). Not what you want when your trying to put on muscle.

Therefore eating a balanced diet of 5-6 meals evenly spread ensures a staedy insulin level and perfect environment for muscle growth.

Any advances on this are welcome.

DC24 is offline Junior Member
    dude thanks for the reply, clears up alot. I know I came here for a reason. I knew that it was good to eat that much, just wanted to know the reasoning behind it, what was actually happening in the body.

Thread Information