Mole is offline New Member

Good supplements for non-lifters

I posted this in the anabolic forum to address clenbuterol , and would like to know a little about OTC supplements:

This is essentially my situation: I need to reduce my body fat by about 7% (from 31% down to 24%) in order to join the Army. I'm not too interested in joining a gym since my immediate concern seemingly can be taken care of with lots of cardio. I've started running again, 5 days a week (2-3 miles a day), first thing in the morning. I'm also using one of those "ab-roller" things and doing as many push-ups as I can throughout the day.
    This is my question: Since my workout is 75% cardio, and I'm only concerned with dropping fat, what is a good supplement?
    I suspect ECA is probably most suitable, but I have been considering clenbuterol. Are these 2 safe together? Is there anything else better suited for a cardio-centric workout? I have access to everything.

Is it safe to do intense cardio while taking products with caffeine, ephedrine, etc?

What about creatine? should I bother? From what I know about it, it causes you to sort of retain water. If this is the case, when I go back in to the recruiters to be measured for body fat again, should I have been off creatine for a couple of days? Would diuretics help?

In my search for answers, I have come accross a product called Clenbutrx. I realize this does not contain actual clen , but it sounds like what I need. However everyone here seems to like Xenadrine a lot.

As of right now I think I am going to continue training as I have been, and follow the advice I've received from a couple of people and augment that traing with some form of ECA stack for 2 weeks alternated with clen for 2 weeks, and creatine the whole time.
    I'm around 242 right now, and my goal is 230-235 by Thanksgiving.

Any help is appreciated! I've never been this motivated to get in shape and it seems I have new questions every day...

Thanks
    Mole

If this specific topic is addressed somewhere else please let me know. I only ask here because 99% of what I see here deals with pretty intense lifting and how to increase mass.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

What is your present diet??

Hey Mole,
    First off, welcome to the board. As to your question, it really kind of depends on the indiviual. First and foremost I need to know one very important thing first. Have you ever had a problem with high blood pressure, OR any type of seziue disorder? If so you really need to leave anything with Ephdrine, Ma Hung, ect alone as this will greatly aggrevate your medical condition. If not, then you should be ok with what you have mentioned above as long as you are useing it in moderation. Anything can be abused to the point of dangerous levels. I would NOT reccommend mixing any 2 things together here though. If you are not getting results from one it is most likely that you are looking for answers in the wong area of your training, which brings me to the next and most important question.
    What is your present diet? It really dose not matter what or how much you take, or cardio you do, if your diet is short comming then the rest will be all in vain. It is kinda of like putting water in your gas tank. You are not going to make it very far reguardless of the quality of water that you use. If you need a diet worked up PM me or any other the other Fittness MODS and we will work somthing up for you. I think that you are on the right track with your cardio reguime but you need to address your diet first before you consider anything else.
    IC
    Last edited by Tobey; 10-21-2001 at 03:52 PM.

Hey Tobey, thanks for the reply.

As far as my health, I am in perfect condition except my weight. Currently on no prescription drugs, and recreational drug use is at a ten-year low. I don't drink or smoke. I really only have one vice.
    As far as diet, I am still adapting to a drastic change. I used to eat large amounts of pasta and rice on a daily basis (usually 4 or 4 pasta meals daily), and I LOVE bread. In fact I used to eat spaghetti sandwiches.
    Then I learned the evils of excessive carbohydrates and have been adjusting to my new low-card lifestyle for the last month or so. What sucks is all the low-cost foods are super high in carbs. Luckily right now money is not an issue, but usually it is. Currently I eat lots of chicken breast and some steak, and eggs in the morning. The only veggies I care for are broccoli, cauliflower and corn, (and spinach from Boston Market). I tend to put cheese on everything. I estimate my daily intake of carbs now is 150-220 grams. Soda and cookies are my weaknesses.

As far as frequency of meals, it is hard adjusting from 2 or 3 big meals to 5 smaller ones. Sometimes I just drink a big glass of whole milk instead of a meal.

I'm glad to have someone tell me not to combine the clen with the ECA. From what I hear about clen, it sounds pretty powerful. I've used ephedrine in the past in some supplement or another and the only adverse side effect I've noticed is difficulty sleeping but that is remedied by taking a couple of days off. I have been taking Metabolife for the last 3 weeks while running and noticed nothing uncomfortable. I dont think that has caffeine or aspirine in it though....

Again, thanks for your input. I appreciate any advice anyone can render.

Peace

Mole

ps, I know I've been focusing on clen and ECA, but if there is anything else that can help me out my mind is open. I can get anything I need.

fastman is offline New Member
    For my 2 cents seeing your diet I would make a few more changes. Drink more water! That will always help, and it will fill you up. If soda is a weakness (it is for me too) think about diet sodas. Diet Pepsi or Pepsi One for cola, and diet Dr. Pepper is good as well. If you like milk and can't go to skim at least go to 1% or 2%. Try to use smaller portions of cheese if you can't do without. For snacks raw baby carrots are nice, or an apple.

Working on your diet as Tobey said will do more then any supplement!

You said you were not interested in a gym, but lifting weights and other strength work will increase your metabolism. Maybe see if there is a local rec center that you can get a punch card so you don’t have a big commitment. Also mixing in aerobics or a spinning class might make things easier as well.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Here's my 2 cents:

Exercise - Cardio in the morning is great
    Get rid of the abroller
    Try some lifting (nothing too heavy)

Diet - Eat your carbs in the morning
    Cut your fat (steak and eggs aren't the greatest)
    Spread out your meals (small meals every 2-3 hours)
    Don't wait until you're hungry to start eating
    Replace the soda with water and protein shakes

Supplements - Stay off the ECA for now. Diet and exercise first.
    Protein supps will be your best friend

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    You,ve had some good advice already but the key aera to your success is diet.You need to set the base before building.Work on your diet get it complete then focus on supplements

Give us some more info on your current diet

Thanks for all the input guys.
    I'm still getting used to a healthy diet, but I have mastered the art of multiple smaller meals. I eat 5 or 6 times per day. I have quit juices and soda altogether. All my meals thus far have been chicken-based. All breast fillets. For veggies all I eat is broccolli, cauliflower, and corn. Sometimes I'll eat some beef, but only like 2 days a week. I found this really good crab dip that I snack on with crackers.
    Sweets are still a big problem, but I'm getting better. I saw a product somewhere called "Carb Cutter" or something like that. Does anyone know if it works?
    I estimate my daily intakes to be:
    calories 2500
    fat 30-60 grams
    carbs 180-200
    protein ??

Mole

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Good Job

Mole,
    Good job, You seem to be doing well. Do not worry about perfection in your diet just yet. These things take time to get use to but do not let your cravings get the better of you at any one point. You said that you love pasta and bread. From the sound of your first post you sound Italian! As far as the Carb Cutter product that you talked about I'm not so sure. I mentioned in a post a while back about a study that was done and the scientist found out tht there was a certain enzyme that many were lacking which caused sugar cravingsmore than the average person ( I assume carbs to weather they be simple or complex) and a product ( I don't remeber it's name) in which would aid in this enzyme reduction thus causeing fewer sugar cravings. The product that you mentioned sounds very similiar to what they were descibing in that article however I could not be sure. Try it, and give it at least 60 days before you make a decision on weather it works or not.
    Tobey

MarkyMark is offline Member
    good job Tobey ....
    Yeh Mole your helping beyond what you can see at the moment brother ... Your body may just now be getting usable nutrients flowing thru your body ...

The use of clen to drop weight would be a grave mistake ... As everyone is pointing out DIET is SO crucial for success in many ways ....

Lets take the clen example ... If you were to eat like normal B4 any particular diet ( like crap in other words ) and clen allowed you to drop some body fat ( perhaps it all ) when you quit taking that clen your body fat would skyrocket ... The health ramifications could be serious ... a BB will allow a product to assist him in a SPECIFIED PROGRAM desgined for a particular goal ... This will entail : cardio , weight training and a serious scheduled eating regimen .... if clen was entroduced it would be to enable assisted fat loss in a serious program ... Taking products are not out of happenstance but a planned and thought out arrangement ...
    Get motivated brother and start a serious program ...you have nothing to lose but the unwanted fat ... The body's own mechanics will shed those unwanted pounds you just need to make it happen .... Good luck and keep us posted we will try and keep you on the right track ....

Thread Information