Thread: GNC is a ripoff

rocco923 is offline New Member

GNC is a ripoff

I work at GNC in a corporate store. It is highly overpriced and their selection is small. They are trying to do away with having other brands in the store. They work on commission and tell you what to buy so the employees get more money. They are also allowed to match prices (if they tell you they cant tell them to click proe override and #8 which is match price). Go to vitamin shoppe becuase everything is always 30% off.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    What location you work at? I also work at a corporate store

i dont want to get fired its ok, sorry.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I've never really been impressed with GNC. The GNC near me is pretty pathetic and outrageously overpriced. I went in there about 6 months ago to check out some whey protein and the guy working there started to tell me about how he was so into bb and that the GNC brand was the best. I'm sure you guys are very knowledgeable, so no flame intended for anyone that works at GNC. But, this guy was about 6ft and 125lbs soaking wet and probably didn't know his ass from his elbow when it came to bb. Needless to say, I left empty handed and haven't gone back since. Sorry for the rant....

we are told to sell certain things or we get fired, then the next month we are told to sell another brand. "tell them anything to get the sale" they tell us

benchmark505 is offline New Member
    I use to manage a gnc here in my small town in ky, it was a corporate store... their mark up is unbelieveable... and yes they would definitely want their products pushed onto people... their are very few sports suppliments out there that are worht using... IMO GNC is a big rip off also.. after i saw those prices and the mark up ratio... i'd never buy from gnc again...

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    i go to GNC and buy something then pretty much use it all up and then return it and say it didnt work regardless of if it did or not and then i get a credit. so i would say that kind of compensates for them being such rip offs

that is true whether you finish the whole thing or if just a little they HAVE to return it.

$uperman is offline Member
    im not saying this toward you guys but where i live , the employees dont know shit. for ex. ive been in like three different time asking when will they have some taraxatone in. they're like.... what is that ? im like what wtf ? you work at a health store. sooo ill ask for this and for that. and they know jack shit about it. i know more then this people about the products they're trying to sell. If i see a new product out i dont know much about ill ask them if it is any good and they're like... i dont what that is... pisses me off that the gnc near me has people working for them that doesnt know shit about what they're selling

Thread Information