Thread: Serrapeptase

7f8
    7f8 is offline New Member

Serrapeptase

I was reading on Charles Poliquin's site and there is an article or two on Proteolytic Enzymes (specifically Serrapeptase) and their ability to help athletes recover from inflammation along with having some anabolic effects as well. I did a search here and found nothing on serrapeptase so I became somewhat skeptical. Personally, I am a college athlete (baseball) and it is very hard to work out with practice for 2 and a half to three hours every day without being sore the next day (even when consuming 6-7 decent sized meals a day). I was wondering if this would have some positive side effects with regards to recovery from DOMS and also what would be these "anabolic effects" or are they mostly just negligable?

article from charlespoliquin.net http://www.charlespoliquin.com/membe...article&sid=70

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    they don't state why its anabolic , probably because they don't know. my guess... because it can greatly reduce physical inflammation in athletes, it isn't breking down as much muscle and other tissue while exercising so it may "look" anabolic. keep us updated if they ever post the anabolic portion of the article they say they are going to post.

Thread Information