Thread: Explain B12

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member

Explain B12

Years ago diet doctors use to inject their patients with B12 shots. Of course this was done under dr supervision while they were following some sort of diet. . What is it's purpose for weight loss, bb, training etc.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by LAW
    Years ago diet doctors use to inject their patients with B12 shots. Of course this was done under dr supervision while they were following some sort of diet. . What is it's purpose for weight loss, bb, training etc.
    No offense,but this question should be posted in the supplement forum.It really has nothing to do with insulin ,IGF,HGH ect...

To answer your question.B-12 is basically useless unless you are deficient.Some say it increases appetite..others say they get increased enegry..while others say their RBC count elevates.I've experienced none of the above,nor have any of my bros at the gym.Placebo effect at best for most.

~Pinnacle~

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    i have experienced more energy and a sped up metabolism.

pelly789 is offline Member
    this is taken from ar's web page

"Vitamin B12's primary functions are in the formation of red blood cells and the maintenence of a healthy nervous system. B12 is necessary for the rapid synthesis of DNA during cell division. This is especially important in tissues where cells are dividing rapidly, particularly the bone marrow tissues responsible for red blood cell formation. If B12 deficiency occurs, DNA production is disrupted and abnormal cells called megaloblasts occur. This can result in anaemia. B12 is also important in maintaining the nervous system. Nerves are surrounded by an insulating fatty sheath comprised of a complex protein called myelin. B12 plays a vital role in the metabolism of fatty acids essential for the maintainence of myelin."

i am currently taking a b12 inject. from ar and i dont believe it is doing much of anything besides a short increase in energy and i have a more healthy appetite other than that there isnt too much that i notice

Mizfit is offline Banned
    what about pill form?

Ih8urdsm is offline Associate Member
    bump this old thread What amount of B12 is recommended for an athlete?

Thread Information