Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gakick!!!!

H-Tizz is offline Junior Member

Gakick!!!!

Has anybody tried this supplement. A friend said it worked like crazy. Just wanted to get some opinions.

broono is offline New Member
    Don't waste your money, I tried it along with a friend and neither one of us noticed any real benefit other than maybe a little less recovery time between sets. Just my opinion though,,

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Tizz
    Has anybody tried this supplement. A friend said it worked like crazy. Just wanted to get some opinions.
    it does work ive tried it and i get great feedback on it from my customers at gnc...you just have to think is $80.00 really worth 3 more reps per set? it might be.

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    Gakic worked quite well for me...i was taking it in addition to the BSN mass stack and only taking it twice a week on days where i wanted to blast the hell outta one particular muscle group (arms and chest)...did not fatigue as easily while on it

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Hmmm...

Well, I guess MuscleTech's file for file for Chapter 15 protection was soon followed by a whole new line up of products this year. This Gakic stuff seems interesting... read a few things about the ingredients... I might give it a shot. It seems to be really good while dieting and limiting carbs...

AllSportsNutrition has the powder type under 50 bucks and Netrition has the casules for under 50...

Ingedients:

GAKIC
    Glycine-l-arginine-alpha-ketoisocaproic acid calcium
    10.2 g

Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, polyvinylpyrrolidone, coating (Partially Hydrolyzed Polyvinyl Alcohol, Polyethylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Soy Lecthin, Polysorbate 80, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Yellow No. 6, FD&C Blue No. 2), croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silica, acesulfame-potassium.

Recommended Use: Due to the potent nature of this product, which works immediately, GAKIC should only be used on days that you work out and at no other time. As a dietary supplement, take 1 serving (8 caplets) up to 45 minutes before a high-intensity workout. One bottle supplies a 1-month supply if you work out 4 times per week. Do not exceed 1 serving (8 caplets) in a 24-hour period. Consume ten 8 oz. glasses of water daily for general good health. Read entire label before use and follow directions.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Works really well actually, I'd def. do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by broono
    Don't waste your money, I tried it along with a friend and neither one of us noticed any real benefit other than maybe a little less recovery time between sets. Just my opinion though,,
    lol your first post EVER was about bashing gakic.

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    i dont like anything from muscle tech. seems like they try to hard.

gakick
    leukic
    creakic
    anator p70

all these came out in like 6 months. i hate it cuz i cant pronounce em!

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04

Why is it some people simply hate brand names. I like EAS Myoplex or MuscleTech's HydroxyCuts... yeah the brand names cost a few extra bucks but sometimes when you try and get the cheapest stuff - you end up getting poor quality ingredients and handleing...

Its like the whole Tribulis thing... yeah, the stuff collected off the side of the road in the US doesn't work very well... but a standardized version from Balgaria works great... at least I have used it with success before...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Warrior what about the ingredients grabs your attention? i don't know what the hell is in it that's why I'm askin ya...

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    Warrior what about the ingredients grabs your attention? i don't know what the hell is in it that's why I'm askin ya...
    This is a product based off Leucine right? Some kind of L-Leucine with a keto bond... I am not sure what the science behind the ingredients are... need to read some more - unfortunately most current literature for it is written by MuscleTech (which would be biased obviously)...

I posted the ingredients because I don't like critiquing the name of the product but what the ingredients actually are... if someone said, "what do you think of CellTech?" I would tell them, "it has a lot of dextrose, Creatine, ALA and other insulin sensitzers I believe - so if that's what you want, its a good product."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    This is a product based off Leucine right? Some kind of L-Leucine with a keto bond... I am not sure what the science behind the ingredients are... need to read some more - unfortunately most current literature for it is written by MuscleTech (which would be biased obviously)...

I posted the ingredients because I don't like critiquing the name of the product but what the ingredients actually are... if someone said, "what do you think of CellTech?" I would tell them, "it has a lot of dextrose, Creatine, ALA and other insulin sensitzers I believe - so if that's what you want, its a good product."
    seriously!!! someone hears the word "muscletech" and right away they hate it...they dont trust muscletech for no reason at all...its more expensive than the rest but they also put a lot more money into their products...and someone actually told me that muscletech lies about their ingredients and he had no reason to believe it (ill find that post here in a sec) but competing companies are always testing muscletech's products...i actually know a guy that is a muscletech representative and he has actually met the doctors behind all the research and he has assured me that they dont just take some pictures of random ass men in white coats and put them on the ads...ITS FOR REAL!

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    Why is it some people simply hate brand names. I like EAS Myoplex or MuscleTech's HydroxyCuts... yeah the brand names cost a few extra bucks but sometimes when you try and get the cheapest stuff - you end up getting poor quality ingredients and handleing...

Its like the whole Tribulis thing... yeah, the stuff collected off the side of the road in the US doesn't work very well... but a standardized version from Balgaria works great... at least I have used it with success before...
    very well said, i agree 100% with that

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    The only down side to the stuff is it tastes really bad, and I mean REALLY bad.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    My thoughts;
    I've actually heard good things on Gakic. But being so expensive and me being so poor right now, it is not really worth me trying a product that may very well not do anything.

As far as muscletech goes. everyone hates them because of their absolutly abusurd ad's in all the magizine's which is understandable. But as far as their products go, they do make some good products such as Nitro Tech, Gakic, Celltech and Hydroxycut. All the other non-sense they have came out with is just pathetic which gives them a bad rep such as Anator P70, T-Tech, Pump Tech, Creakic, Leukic, and so on.
    Maybe if they didnt claim Jay Cutler got into his Olympian condition and so will you on Hydroxycut Hardcore, they could be taken a bit more seriously.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Fella's I don't care what anyone says. MuscleTech does not have a good rep. They over charge out the ass for basic prodcuts, Cell-tech, Nitro-tech???? You kidding me, the have fancy lables, spend tons of money on marketing and that is what you are paying for, NOT the product. Does Gakic work, I'm sure it does, is it worth $80 well thats up to you. But lets call a spade a spade they sell overhyped overpriced average products. I can get 500g of CEE for $20, no way am I payinig the price for this stuff, couple reps aren't worth it in my book.

That pretty much is my point Giantz, if they kept it simple they could get alot more constant buisness.

The problem is, Muscletech does not aim to the audience of expeirenced bodybuilders, they aim for the first time teen walking into GNC for the intial sale. Why do you think they're products are only hot for so often, except Cell Tech and Nitrotech. If Muscletech wanted to really prosper they would aim at guys like us who would give them constant buisness, but i think they dug themselves into to big of a whole and they cant get out now

gakic does work....but i'd rather buy some chicken breasts instead of waste my money on it...it does work though. put my bench up 10lbs 1st time i tried it...pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    gakic does work....but i'd rather buy some chicken breasts instead of waste my money on it...it does work though. put my bench up 10lbs 1st time i tried it...pretty crazy.
    135 now? w00t!

Marc Angelo is offline Junior Member
    I tried it for a whole week, and did not notice any effects at all. I got my money back from GNC

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I got pissed off today that my gym would be closed monday and my bench went up 15 pounds. call that Gakic...

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    No, if I was bashing Gakic I would just say it sucks. It may be my first post under this name but I've been on this site for about four years now, I've been training for almost 13 years. I experimented with many new products through the years and spent tons of money doing it. I gather info from EXPERIENCED friends who use supplements, and we basically all came up with the same consensus on GAKIC, which is; Like someone else said, it may have some benefits (IE STAMINA), but IMO for a product that cost $80.00 for a three week supply, the results just don't equal the $, and I don't like seeing people wasting money on products that give minimal if any results when there ARE other products on the market that WILL show results for less money, especially when most consumers are running on a strict budget. I feel you could get the same effect from a good multi-vitamin for a fraction of the price. If Jay Cutler endorsed, and gave 20 people an unmarked aspirin pill, and told them to take it 20 minutes prior to their next workout and they will become "dramatically stronger due to this new breakthrough pharmaceutical grade anabolic product", how many of those people do you think would come back and say they just had the best workout of their lives? My point is this, We've all used products in the past that promised phenomenal results, how many of those products did you actually continue using? Every month it's something new, and it will always be this way because we buy every new product on the market. There is something I WOULD recommend that I'm sure everyone will agree on. A good Creatine, Glutamine, Protein, and multi-vitamin product, complimented with a good diet, sufficient rest, and hard work in the gym. But hey KAPTAINKEEZY04, don't take my word for it, Keep taking your GAKIC!!!!!!!

No, if I was bashing Gakic I would just say it sucks. It may be my first post under this name but I've been on this site for about four years now, I've been training for almost 13 years. I experimented with many new products through the years and spent tons of money doing it. I gather info from EXPERIENCED friends who use supplements, and we basically all came up with the same consensus on GAKIC, which is; Like someone else said, it may have some benefits (IE STAMINA), but IMO for a product that cost $80.00 for a three week supply, the results just don't equal the $, and I don't like seeing people wasting money on products that give minimal if any results when there ARE other products on the market that WILL show results for less money, especially when most consumers are running on a strict budget. I feel you could get the same effect from a good multi-vitamin for a fraction of the price. If Jay Cutler endorsed, and gave 20 people an unmarked aspirin pill, and told them to take it 20 minutes prior to their next workout and they will become "dramatically stronger due to this new breakthrough pharmaceutical grade anabolic product", how many of those people do you think would come back and say they just had the best workout of their lives? My point is this, We've all used products in the past that promised phenomenal results, how many of those products did you actually continue using? Every month it's something new, and it will always be this way because we buy every new product on the market. There is something I WOULD recommend that I'm sure everyone will agree on. A good Creatine, Glutamine, Protein, and multi-vitamin product, complimented with a good diet, sufficient rest, and hard work in the gym. But hey KAPTAINKEEZY04, don't take my word for it, Keep taking your GAKIC!!!!!!!
    Welcome to AR - you'll fit in just fine...

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I got the free sample, but haven't tried them yet. they'll prob sit on my shelf with all my other sups

e-dawg is offline Junior Member
    I tried muscletech's nitrotech and celltech when i was younger and first starting out. what a waste. My best results came from the cheap creatine and a good diet.

Quote Originally Posted by e-dawg
    I tried muscletech's nitrotech and celltech when i was younger and first starting out. what a waste. My best results came from the cheap creatine and a good diet.
    Cell Tech is perfect for carb loading... at least for me...

Welcome to AR - you'll fit in just fine...

Thanks Warrior, Glad to be here.

k0nsl is offline Banned
    I don't know why. Those type of people who bash brand names, just because they have their own favorite brand, are usually called 'fan boys'. They can be found in every type of field.

They usually don't hate, bash or slightly dislike one brand because it is poor. They just do it because they use another brand they believe is better. If 'Brand X' came out with a incredible product which worked and gave great gains (or whatever purpose), the fan boy would still stick with 'Brand Z'.

I've seen this in discussions on various protein powders too.

It's like Intel and AMD, or NVidia and ATi.

Why is it some people simply hate brand names.

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    I have also gotten great feedback from other customers at my GNC store. But its up to you if you feel the desire to pay that kind of money for a few extra reps.
    Last edited by jsimon; 03-12-2006 at 06:22 PM.

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    i dont like muscle tech becuase their prices are way marked up. i dont believe they cost more becuase of the research either... they cost more becuase they employ half of the ifbb and they run 5 page adds in the mags.

Welcome to Anabolic Review Forums...The only forum site that is actually anabolic.

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    ^^^^^ post whore at its finest lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    135 now? w00t!

yyyyeaaa....no...and uhh maybe put a pic of your body as your avatar, we could decide whos in better shape? im guessing me...

Quote Originally Posted by k0nsl
    It's like Intel and AMD, or NVidia and ATi.
    Yeah right... like anyone would by Intel/ATI over an AMD/NVIDIA

Quote Originally Posted by jsimon
    ^^^^^ post whore at its finest lol.
    thats how i roll!

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    If your going to spend 80 on Cell-Tech, you might as well spend 80 on CE2 by MRI much better stuff. No Sugar, delivery system is leaps and bounds better than Cell-Tech, Retained size after your off it. Dissolves in 20 minuntes, its a pill but dissolves in your body.

Secondly, NO2 by MRI is much better than any product that Muscletech has produced. It was 8 years in the works before it was released, Ed Byrd the inventor of creatine and NO2 has put up millions of dollars of his own money to see that it is hands down the best product there is. In fact, he even said that if you could prove your product was better than his, which he knowns it isnt, he would pay you like 10 grand, or 10 grand for any ways you could improve his. NO2 by MRI is like any other because all of the money in the product goes to research, not advertising. It advertises itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    If your going to spend 80 on Cell-Tech, you might as well spend 80 on CE2 by MRI much better stuff. No Sugar, delivery system is leaps and bounds better than Cell-Tech, Retained size after your off it. Dissolves in 20 minuntes, its a pill but dissolves in your body.

Secondly, NO2 by MRI is much better than any product that Muscletech has produced. It was 8 years in the works before it was released, Ed Byrd the inventor of creatine and NO2 has put up millions of dollars of his own money to see that it is hands down the best product there is. In fact, he even said that if you could prove your product was better than his, which he knowns it isnt, he would pay you like 10 grand, or 10 grand for any ways you could improve his. NO2 by MRI is like any other because all of the money in the product goes to research, not advertising. It advertises itself.
    since 2002, it has been gnc's #1 selling product (with the exception of their multivitamin MEGAMEN)...i checked the catalogue last week and the 300 count of NO2 is currently the best selling product. gnc sells more no2 than they sell any one brand of whey protein or creatine. and i love no2 and ce2.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    yyyyeaaa....no...and uhh maybe put a pic of your body as your avatar, we could decide whos in better shape? im guessing me...
    far out, man.

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    I work at GNC, and its not a coincidence that our best selling product is the one that does the least advertising. NO2 and CE2 stack are like none other. I wouldn't train without it. Gakic and Leukic is Muscletech saying, "oh shit Ed Byrd is dominating us again, we gotta try and keep up". Problem is Ed Byrd has spent years and millions of dollars attempting to perfect these two things. Muscletech produced em in like 8 months. Theres a reason NO2 is 100 some bucks and CE2 is 80, cause their the shit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information