cableguykj is offline New Member

Other than AAS, advice

Ok. So I have tried creatine cycles and Dbol , neither in my opinion seemed to do much (and yes I read the directions). I am considering a cycle of test but want to find some other options...

So I was thinking about prohormones or...... I dont know. Any advice on some suppliments? I am trying to build muscle without retaining too much water. I work out about 4-5 times a week including 20-40min of cardio in each session. I currently take whey protein (20g three times a day) but thats it.......for now. I have decent mass, 190lbs and 5'10...although most of it is fat...I just cant seem to shake it and build muscle.... Frustrating considering the time I put into the gym.

Any and all advice is appriciated.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    from what youve stated...your main problem lies in your diet...look at the diet stickies in "Diet questions" and post an example and we can help you with it from there...lay off the AAS for now

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    4-5 days a week!?! sounds like overtraining to me....

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    from what youve stated...your main problem lies in your diet...look at the diet stickies in "Diet questions" and post an example and we can help you with it from there...lay off the AAS for now
    Thank you for responding but I don't agree with that. I stay away from refined sugars and carbohydrates, have plenty of protein intake and eat several small meals a day rather than 3 large meals. With all that said I still do watch calories, I consume about 2000/day, less if its not a gym day. I totally dont mean to come off as sounding cocky but food and its effects on the human body is something I understand very well and is actually what motiviated me to get my BS in biochemistry. However I know very little about the suppliments......which is why I am here I can read all day about them but advice from people who have had good results is what I am looking for. I really wanted to try prohormones but have no idea where to get them since they were banned last January....

Quote Originally Posted by crash187ct
    4-5 days a week!?! sounds like overtraining to me....
    Well only 3 of those are big weight lifting days. THe others are cardio or back/legs which I have special routines for since I have a slipped disk.

Kj

Quote Originally Posted by cableguykj
    Thank you for responding but I don't agree with that. I stay away from refined sugars and carbohydrates, have plenty of protein intake and eat several small meals a day rather than 3 large meals. With all that said I still do watch calories, I consume about 2000/day, less if its not a gym day. I totally dont mean to come off as sounding cocky but food and its effects on the human body is something I understand very well and is actually what motiviated me to get my BS in biochemistry. However I know very little about the suppliments......which is why I am here I can read all day about them but advice from people who have had good results is what I am looking for. I really wanted to try prohormones but have no idea where to get them since they were banned last January....

Well, I guess you are right about the food aspect of it then.

That was sarcasm... I would definently check out the diet stickies bud.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    well pal carbohydrates are BIG TIME in terms of muscle growth... and simple sugars are also helpful immediately after a workout, both of which it sounds like you are missing in your diet...why not just post your diet up here for both training days and off days since you stated you have different diets for each...

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I currently take whey protein (20g three times a day) but thats it.......for now. I have decent mass, 190lbs and 5'10...although most of it is fat...I just cant seem to shake it and build muscle.... Frustrating considering the time I put into the gym.
    just curious...can anyone here put 2 and 2 together?

My guess is your eating too little. 2000 cals/day is low if your working out and doing the cardio you say you are. And shakes are shit unless its a PWO meal. You can drink 20 of those things a day if you wanted, and the results suck compared to food. Only time I drink one is post workout

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    well pal carbohydrates are BIG TIME in terms of muscle growth... and simple sugars are also helpful immediately after a workout, both of which it sounds like you are missing in your diet...why not just post your diet up here for both training days and off days since you stated you have different diets for each...
    I know this, maybe you misread my post. I dont have a low carbohydrate intake...I just dont eat refined carbs (high fructose etc, bleached enriched flours etc.). Anyways, thanks for responding.

Quote Originally Posted by EcToMoRpHiAn
    That was sarcasm... I would definently check out the diet stickies bud.

Will do, thanks.

Thread Information