tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

Supplement Prices?....What the....~`#?

Perfect example of what i'm talking about ....i've noticed that "biotest" sells "redkat" for $49 (and they make it) ....and other companies sell the exact same product for as low as $25....??? (same bottle and everthing).

Why the price difference?

Are you getting the real deal and paying less?

thnks
    Last edited by tcw; 04-05-2006 at 09:10 AM.

bigrose is offline Associate Member
    If you buy direct from the manufacturer, you pay their MSRP, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Various stores and websites charge less because they compete for your business. They charge wholesale or less because they buy in bulk from the manufacturer. Any store or website can charge whatever they want for whatever they carry. Its the same with any product, not just supplements. For example, if you buy a CD at a big tour or concert, you are gonna pay the MSRP. You would save probably at least 5 bucks at Best Buy because they sell their CDs for a loss to get you in the door. Marketing.

sqlking is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw
    Perfect example of what i'm talking about ....i've noticed that "biotest" sells "redkat" for $49 (and they make it) ....and other companies sell the exact same product for as low as $25....??? (same bottle and everthing).

Why the price difference?

Are you getting the real deal and paying less?

thnks
    thats becuase all supplements are incredibly overpriced. if you actually by the raw ingredients from the actual manufactures of the ingredients you can save hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros a year.

for example most people dont realise but tribbulus standadised to 40% costs about $15 for 1000 tablets from manufactures yet most companies sell 60 to 90 capsules for $10-$20. same with other ingredients. ive checked the ingrediens of "red cat" that probably costs about $5 to $7 to make.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    thnks guys.... I just needed someone to remind and refresh my business sense....

cheers!

Thread Information