ascendant is offline Senior Member

why cytogainer beats gnc's weight gainer hands down

just got my cytogainer yesterday. used to use gnc's weight gainer 1850. i can't even begin to explain how much better the cytogainer was.

the gnc gainer always had a chalky, dry taste to it, no matter what you blended it into, and always went down like cement. i mixed the cytogainer into the same amount of water as i'd mix the gnc kind into. i evened out the amount i used so that the calories were the same as what was in the gnc as well, so it was an even playing field on all levels.

that cytogainer was so much easier to put down, and i still got the same amount of calories. with the gnc brand, it would always leave me feeling like i just swallowed a brick. this other stuff left me feeling like i just had a regular meal. the only thing i didn't like was this cytogainer is way too sweet for my taste. it's the banana flavor just so all of you know. other than that though, no brick in the stomach feeling and went down smooth, so the good definitely outweighed the bad.

oh, another very important thing as well is the gnc brand would normally give me really bad gas afterwards unless i pounded down a bunch of digestive enzymes with it. i tried this cytogainer without any enzymes, and i got no gas from it, showing it's more readily digested which most likely means higher quality ingredients. the worst part of that is that gnc's brand already has digestive enzymes in it and cytogainers doesn't, yet it STILL managed to be digested far better!

so sad that gnc, one of the "supposed" biggest supplement manufacturers, can't even make a decent gainer. after finding this sites sponsor and these far better alternatives, i'll never be back to gnc again. i'd advise anyone else using gnc's gainers to switch as well, as the difference is like night and day. not saying cytogainer is best, but i can safely assume at this point that gnc's brand is one of the worst. look around and even if you don't like cytogainer, you should easily be able to find something better than the gnc brand.

Venum is offline Member
    everyone i talked to that tried cytogainer loves it..i am definatly trying it when its time to bulk for me

chest6 is offline Banned
    I would never go within 20 feet of a GNC unless held at gunpoint

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I would never go within 20 feet of a GNC unless held at gunpoint
    same for me now that i know what i know. they really do make very low-grade products and they're unbelievably overpriced compared to their costs.

only retail store i still get anything from is vitamin world where i get my, well, my vitamins. but i have to see what kinds this websites sponsor has, cause after the other stuff i got from them and the prices i got it all for, i might get my vitamins from them as well from now on.

again though, there might be products that are better out there than cytogainer, but i'm just telling you guys to stay away from gnc gainers at all costs!

givemethejuice is offline Junior Member
    come on ascendant, don't kill my business like that! Hey bro, i own a GNC and I also sell Cytogainer. That is definitiely the best weight gainer on the market that I tried. I also to tell people to stay away from our weight gainers because the taste horrible and have a 105 grams of sugar. lol. Also, what price did you pay for your cytogainer? I offer really good prices for almost all of my products but we seriously can not match every internet price out there. I mean i have wholesale cost and have to pay 9% royalties on every thing I sell. I also have a wife and kid at the house.

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    I liked cytogainer the time I had it.... was definately a good gainer.

But now I just stick with ground up oats and whey.... same idea and much cheaper....

Venum is offline Member
    i just picked some up..i got vanilla..damn its good

kyjelly is offline Banned
    Cytogainer is what I use. Hands down kills GNC.

But Im hearing of this new product. SI Mass Gain

Suppose to be cheaper and just as good, maybe slightly better than Cytogainer.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i got it yesterday...rocky road...not bad...its weird though something i noticed..when u hold the scooper in a glass, the extra powder on the outside of the scoopper jumps off the scopper and onto the glass...weird shit...

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    i got it yesterday...rocky road...not bad...its weird though something i noticed..when u hold the scooper in a glass, the extra powder on the outside of the scoopper jumps off the scopper and onto the glass...weird shit...
    Yeah it does do that! Its basically the same as prolabs N-Large 2. Imo wt gainers should be used very little. I think MHP has a good wt gainer called "UP Your Mass." The name always makes me giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by givemethejuice
    come on ascendant, don't kill my business like that! Hey bro, i own a GNC and I also sell Cytogainer. That is definitiely the best weight gainer on the market that I tried. I also to tell people to stay away from our weight gainers because the taste horrible and have a 105 grams of sugar. lol. Also, what price did you pay for your cytogainer? I offer really good prices for almost all of my products but we seriously can not match every internet price out there. I mean i have wholesale cost and have to pay 9% royalties on every thing I sell. I also have a wife and kid at the house.
    Hey man, I don't mean to step on any toes with my comments on here. I'm just trying to help people get the best products at the best price.

My wifes uncle owns a cd/music store and has for a long time. Well, with shareaza, bearshare, gunutella, etc, his business is obviously going down the tubes. He makes do with selling DJ equipment, but as things change, people have to adjust.

Don't get me wrong, I do sympathize with your situation, but I'm just saying that if you had researched GNC's products in advance, you would've seen that you could've done much better.

Maybe down the road you could go solo and carry whatever you'd like without having to pay royalties? Not like that would be easy, but you'd attract a lot more customers. For some odd reason, people think GNC and other big name supplement stores attracts more customers, but it only attracts those unknowledgeable to supplements and are not very frequent or repeat buyers. My favorite stores always used to be the privately owned ones, cause they'd tend to carry the good stuff on their shelves.

Regardless, I wish you luck bro and again, my intentions here were never to harm anyones business. I'm sure though that my thread here will most likely not be read by anyone near you, so the odds of this affecting you personally are astronomical.

Thread Information