Thread: ZMA and casein

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member

ZMA and casein

you are suppose to take ZMA at night and without any calcium....so my question is that is ZMA even worth it or should i eat a different protein with no calcium for bed and have ZMA?

NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member
    ZMA supplementation is great in my opinion but it has a negative effect when supplemented at the same time as casein protein, apparently it inhibits the absorption of ZMA so what is actually recommended when supplementing both at the same time is to take the ZMA and thirty minutes later, take the casein.

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    or have a whey shake with your ZMA before bed...I dont buy ZMA just supplement my zinc with dinner.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    take it 30 minutes prior to your shake and bedtime

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    just buy zinc and magnesium. zma is just a scam to get people to spend a bunch of money on a "supplement" that's just two vitamins. the aspartate added to each just gives increased absorption, but just take 50% more of the regular zinc and magnesium and you'll still save yourself a ton of money.

as far as the zinc/magnesium and casein combo, you already have your answer to that from others in this thread. to be honest though, i don't think the casein has that significant of an impact on zinc and magnesium absorption unless you're drinking more than 2 cups of skim or the equivalent in cottage cheese. even then, it's still questionable.

Thread Information