Thread: Hmb

Mizfit is offline Banned

Question Hmb

Do you think it works?

I think one of the biggest issues i have with over burdening myself with a whole lotta supplements, is that you often have to take so much in order to truly feel it's effects.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    Do you think it works?

I think one of the biggest issues i have with over burdening myself with a whole lotta supplements, is that you often have to take so much in order to truly feel it's effects.
    It works but in high doses. You'd be better of using BCAA's.

If you want to still use HMB, get it in bulk as it is much much cheaper!
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    For years I was a big supporter of HMB. From all I read it was a good supplement but the doses you really need it can get expensive.. maybe not so much for a girl since you weigh much less than a BB guy (in most cases) you could get away with the 3-5 grams. HMB is a good form of calcium so you can't go wrong there.. From my understanding it is more bio-available that normal calcium carbonate?? I am not 100% positive but that is what I have read.

~Old

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    From personal experience it works VERY well as an anticatabolic if dosed pre morning cardio.....

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    For years I was a big supporter of HMB. From all I read it was a good supplement but the doses you really need it can get expensive.. maybe not so much for a girl since you weigh much less than a BB guy (in most cases) you could get away with the 3-5 grams. HMB is a good form of calcium so you can't go wrong there.. From my understanding it is more bio-available that normal calcium carbonate?? I am not 100% positive but that is what I have read.

~Old
    HMB is a form of the amino acid leucine.

Again, not very $$$ if bought it bulk as a powder.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    HMB is a form of the amino acid leucine.

Again, not very $$$ if bought it bulk as a powder.

Maybe I am thinking of something different than?

Calcium B-Hydroxy B-Methylbutyrate Monohydrate which has about 250mg of calcium in a daily dose of 3 grams. Not enough for the normal person but is a better form of calcium than the others you buy OTC.

anyway not really the point HMB works but you could spend your $$ better IMO.

~Old

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman

anyway not really the point HMB works but you could spend your $$ better IMO.

~Old
    Tha'ts what i was thinking..

Thread Information