bobreece is offline New Member

what does eveyone think to my shake

i have three shakes per day consisting of 4scoops of ground up scotish oats 10 pasteurized liquid egg whites 1 scoop of whey 5g l-glutamine and 5g argnine the nutrional totals are around

800cal
    60-70g protein
    120g carbs
    12g fat

people say not to use to many shakes but as my shakes are from whole food, eggs and oats is what i am doing any good

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    why so many shakes? the problem with shakes is that they go through your system too fast.

though the oats are a low GI, they will go through your system pretty fast as a liquid as your body doesn't need to break them down much further and they'll go through your intestinal tract fairly quickly. the best you can do to slow it down is just drink it very slowly over the course of at least a good 30mins or so. however, i'd strongly advise taking in more solid foods and using less shakes.

as far as the shake, it isn't that bad all things considered. it could be much worse is all i'm saying. if you absolutely can't eat anything solid during those times for whatever reason, then those will have to do. personally i'd switch the eggs up for whey protein for the better amino acid profile found in whey, but either will do fairly well.

bobreece is offline New Member
    i only have shakes because off work and otherthings i do have 4 solid meals a day of mostly steak eggs tuna whoemeal bread oats pasta. thought eggs were better than whey because they are 100% bio avabiale and all protein is measured against eggs

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobreece
    i only have shakes because off work and otherthings i do have 4 solid meals a day of mostly steak eggs tuna whoemeal bread oats pasta. thought eggs were better than whey because they are 100% bio avabiale and all protein is measured against eggs
    well if that's what you gotta do, then i guess you're doing the best you can.

as far as the eggs and whey, what do you think limits the bioavailability of the whey? whey breaks down into more amino acids than eggs do, giving you certain aminos that the eggs won't or at least not in as large of amounts. i don't have specific numbers as the whey breakdown depends on the manufacturers quality of whey, but whey will beat eggs.

you're on the right track in using pasteurized eggs for the shake for their improved bioavailability over raw ones, but whey would still be a better call IMO. it's your decision and like i said, either should suffice.

Thread Information