Uconish is offline Member

cellulitis??????

i was wondering for those of you who know if you get cellulitis while on AS is it because of the puncture from the neddle or is it because of the actual gear

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Cellulitis is caused by many kinds of bacteria, most common being Group A streptococcus.
    It wont be the gear itself.
    Are you getting symptoms? Cellulitis is mostly seen in infants due to their immune systems not being fully developed but can occur in the adult body under certain circumstances

i got it in my ankle and im antibiotics now Keflex 500mgX4times a day I thought that if i did get it from the puncture it would have an infection on my glute so i was thinking that maybe the gear is dirty Are you sure its not from the gear??????? Is it possible to get Cellulitis from the gear itself???? If its not the gear how could this have happened because i dont know either?????

glowgrl is offline Female Member
    cellulitis is casued from the actual gear, dirty site or needle. it will become very hot and swollen and will make you sick. your body will fight it but after a week or so if it does not go away go to a doctor becasue if you dont and it stays they will have to cut and drain the infection out. lets just say painful! you will also need to take levaquin to kill it.
    Glowgrl

can we keep this up until i get some more posts Thanks

Thread Information