Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MoneyAddyct is offline Member

Creatine Confusion

I'm a little confused when it comes to sorting through all the information I've gleaned from researching creatine mono, cee, and kre-alkalyn.

Apparently the problem with creatine mono and cee powders is that when mixed with liquid it turns into creatinine, creatine's evil cousin that accounts for the side effects one attributes to creatine. So Kre-Alkalyn was developed to be taken as a pill and therefore side-step the creatinine problem. Ok, sounds good.

However, I've read that creatine needs to be taken with some type of sugar (usually dextrose) to help in its absorption.

So that's where my confusion comes from. The creatine can't be mixed with dextrose and liquid because it'll turn to creatinine, but it can't be taken in pill form because there needs to be a sugar to help with absorption.

What I'm really looking for is the way to go on choosing a product. So far I've ruled out creatine mono and I'm interested in CEE (in a product called Cellmass) or Kre-Alkalyn (in a product called Sci-fit Kre-Alkalyn 1500).

Money

SkylineGTR is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyAddyct
    I'm a little confused when it comes to sorting through all the information I've gleaned from researching creatine mono, cee, and kre-alkalyn.

Apparently the problem with creatine mono and cee powders is that when mixed with liquid it turns into creatinine, creatine's evil cousin that accounts for the side effects one attributes to creatine. So Kre-Alkalyn was developed to be taken as a pill and therefore side-step the creatinine problem. Ok, sounds good.

However, I've read that creatine needs to be taken with some type of sugar (usually dextrose) to help in its absorption.

So that's where my confusion comes from. The creatine can't be mixed with dextrose and liquid because it'll turn to creatinine, but it can't be taken in pill form because there needs to be a sugar to help with absorption.

What I'm really looking for is the way to go on choosing a product. So far I've ruled out creatine mono and I'm interested in CEE (in a product called Cellmass) or Kre-Alkalyn (in a product called Sci-fit Kre-Alkalyn 1500).

Money

Sci-fit's Kre-Alkalyn is worthless IMO....I tried it and it was a waste of money.

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    Really? I've read several good reviews for it both from members here and on the sites. How bout Cellmass? See, that's why I definitely need to know what the deal is before I plop down 50 bucks for something.

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    creatine monohydrate is the best bang for your buck..dextrose is not necessary... you need like 50g's or more to spike insulin to drive it into your muscles but if you jsut take 3-5 g's a day thats more then enough to be absorbed without the insulin spike...fyi loading is BS

Thread Information