Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    hangtight08 is offline Associate Member

dextrose question???

i just got some dex and wanted to add it to my pwo shake... how much should i add and should i just throw it in their with my whey and milk??? how do i measure it?

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hangtight08
    i just got some dex and wanted to add it to my pwo shake... how much should i add and should i just throw it in their with my whey and milk??? how do i measure it?
    well, how much you should add all depends on how much carbs is in your PWO shake right now and whether you're looking to bulk/cut. also depends on your weight and bf%. people can take in as little as 40g of carbs PWO when cutting and as much as 160g of carbs when bulking. it's very individualized and there's not any one universal answer to that. you need to determine it based off of your caloric needs.

as far as adding it into your whey and milk, personally i'd advise tossing the milk and increasing the whey. milk digests way too slow and after your workout, you want those nutrients in as fast as possible to stop catabolism and get those muscles replenished with nutrients. in regards to the dextrose, should be fine adding it into the whey, but i personally keep my dextrose and whey seperate and drink some of my dextrose first to replenish the lost muscle glycogen stores. as far as how to measure your dextrose, 1.25tsp contains 15cal and 4g of carbs. you can convert that into tbs with an online conversion chart as i do and make your life much easier and just use a tbs to measure it.

Thread Information