Thread: Msm

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation

Msm

Just got some MSM to add to my Glucosomine/Chondroitin pill poppin as I've been hearing it's good for joints, etc. I forgot to ask how much to take. The bottle says 1-2 2 times a day but I know we don't always go by that

Any one use or can advise on dosing. They are 99% 1,000 mg MSM.

Thanks a mil

Mobligator is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    Just got some MSM to add to my Glucosomine/Chondroitin pill poppin as I've been hearing it's good for joints, etc. I forgot to ask how much to take. The bottle says 1-2 2 times a day but I know we don't always go by that

Any one use or can advise on dosing. They are 99% 1,000 mg MSM.

Thanks a mil
    There have been conflicting results from various studies done on glucosamine & chondroitin but one of the most reputable studies IMO was done by New England Journal of Medicine. See the following excerpt & site address.

I have used both in the past without noticing any improvement and ended up having one knee operated on to clean out all the gargabe (broken pieces of cartilage, etc.) Not a serious operation but it didn't help 100% either. The best thing I've found to help my knee pain is the leg/knee extension machine found in most weightlifting gyms. I use a light weight and do one leg at a time for about 3 sets and I only have to do this once or twice a week. Do the reps slow, no jerking, 10-12 reps works good for me.

Glucosamine for Arthritis:
    The Evidence Is Conflicting

Stephen Barrett, M.D.

Excerpt: The best-designed and most comprehensive study was published in 2006 in the New England Journal of Medicine. The 24-week study, which was funded by NIH, involved 1583 patients who were randomly assigned to receive 500 mg of glucosamine hydrochloride three times daily, 400 mg of sodium chondroitin sulfate three times daily, 500 mg of glucosamine plus 400 mg of chondroitin sulfate three times daily, 200 mg of celecoxib (Celebrex) daily, or a placebo. The study found that glucosamine and chondroitin, alone or together, did not reduce osteoarthritis knee pain more effectively than a placebo. The drug group did about 17% better than the placebo group [6].

http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...ucosamine.html

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    moving this to the supp forum..

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    thanks mo-gator

thanks nark

anybody else take msm...recommend dose?

Thread Information