CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist

Official Make Your Own Supps Thread

I decided to make this thread as it has been pointed out that some members may be on a tight budget and certain supplements are overpriced.

First off, I'm not affiliated with any supplement company or retail shop in any way, shape, or form.

Second, I've been lifting and using various supplements for over 21 years. I've lost count of all the supps that I tried. Most of them weren't worth the package they came in. But today's supps are "whey" better than when I began lifting in the early 80's.

Third, I'm financially secure so I can afford to buy supps. That said, I don't have much time to mix and prepare homemade supps that contain 50 different ingredients. I need supps that are ready to go.

Fourth, when I find a supp that works as advertised, I try to share that information with others. We're all here to make gains and improve, so any information and assistance we can pass along is what this forum is all about. Presently, I'm a big fan of 4 supps; NO Shotgun, Vitargo CGL, ON 100% Whey, and Myogen X.

Finally, if you have any ideas or recipes for how to make supps at a fraction of the cost, THIS IS PLACE TO POST IT!

How to make your own CellTech

Ingredients
    1. Creatine monohydrate
    2. Dextrose
    3. Koolaid flavor packs (unsweetened)
    4. A 4 liter container (a 1 gallon plastic milk jug works fine, just make sure it's been thoroughly rinsed)

Optional
    1. Alpha lipoic acid (ALA)
    2. Chromium picolinate
    3. Taurine

Directions
    1. Put 2 lbs of dextrose in the 4 liter container.
    2. Add 2 or 3 flavor packs of Koolaid (any flavor, pick your favorite).
    3. Add 2 liters of water and shake until dextrose and Koolaid are thoroughly mixed.
    4. Add 2 more liters of water.
    5. Put it in the fridge.
    6. Do not add the creatine at this time and never put creatine in the 4 liter container!

Using this method, a single 154 mL serving will provide 35g of dextrose.
    1. Using a 500 mL glass, mix 154 mL of the Koolaid/dextrose solution with 5 g of creatine monohydrate powder.
    --OR--
    2. Mix 308 mL of the Koolaid/dextrose solution with 10 g of creatine monohydrate powder.

It all depends on how much creatine you want to take at once.

200 mg of ALA, 1 g of taurine, and 200 mcg of chromium picolinate can also be taken at the time of consumption.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i like it.. don't do creatine.. so what else ya got..

good job..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    gimme a combo of amp, no-shotgun & superdrol!

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateTank
    gimme a combo of amp, no-shotgun & superdrol!

please and thank you Csar

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    excellent thread idea, thanks csar, i wish i could contribute, but instead i'm gonna read and give ya props!

Damn, ya'll are gonna make me work!

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    still waiting for my pill of joy

Shane35aa is offline Senior Member
    Helluva idea the a thread..Thanks Csar

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    interesting!!

poundcake is offline Junior Member
    very good thread, i have nothing to contribute but ill be watching your hard work

How to make your own Super Post WO recovery drink.

When the last rep is finished and the weights are racked, it's time to take advantage of the anabolic state our bodies are in and feed the muscles.

This is a recipe I made for a person trying to gain lean muscle mass. The g amounts can be played around with for various purposes (e.g., cutting, etc.). The recipe is 99% lactose free and also sugar free. You CAN'T substitute corn starch for the waxy maize starch. They are NOT the same thing. Use corn starch to make your grandma's corn bread...use waxy maize starch to get big.

CSAR's Super Post WO Dreamsicle

Ingredients
    1. 50 g of waxy maize starch (42.5 g carbs)
    2. 30 g of bulk whey protein (27.5 g protein)
    3. 5 g of BCAA's (5 g protein)
    4. 2 scoops of Black Star Labs orange cream flavoring (2 g carbs)

(32.5 g protein / 44.5 g carbs / <1 g fat / 312 cals)

Directions
    1. Put all ingredients into a blender (easiest mixing) or a 1 liter shaker bottle.
    2. Add 500 mL of water (using milk will increase pro/carb/fat/cals values). Cold water can be used, but lukewarm water works best for dissolving the waxy maize starch.
    3. Blend or shake well.
    4. Add more water and blend/shake again if you prefer a more watery drink.
    Last edited by CSAR; 12-30-2006 at 03:32 AM.

How to make your own AMP.

Ingredients
    1. Chocamine
    2. Geranimine
    3. Caffeine

Directions
    1. Go to your favorite website or retail outlet.
    2. Get bottle of Ergopharm AMP.
    3. Go to the register.
    4. Take out wallet.
    5. Pay using either cash or credit card.
    6. Use as directed.

Sorry, I know this is a lame post, but I can't figure out the precise ratios of ingredients. Everywhere I've researched says "proprietary blend," which means they ain't gonna tell ya. The only way to reverse engineer the stuff is to play with the ratios until the effect is similar/the same as the regular product and I'm not willing to recommend this, because it means someone's gotta be willing to be a guinea pig. Another way is to buy these three ingredients separately and take the recommended serving size of each product together. However, the FDA is looking at geranimine due to its ephedra-like properties, which means it might be harder and harder to find. Could AMP be joining ECA on the FDA's banned supps list? Let's hope not.

As far as other supps like NO Shotgun...it would take forever to find all the ingredients and mix them together in the precise ratios. This is one supp that I would much rather just buy.

I don't know AR's policy on posting supplement website addresses (I do know AAS sites will get you warned/banned), but if someone knows a cheap site to get supps like NO Shotgun, then let's try to share this info and save each other a few bucks. I live in Japan, so the sites that I use aren't gonna be of much use to most people.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    great post mate, bump for more ideas. Sorry but posting other supp site is not allowed.

You know, if you are interested in making your own protein shakes with any ingredients you want, you can have Protein Factory actually custom blend it for you. I think (don't quote me here) that's the original concept behind their company.

Thread Information