DylanE is offline New Member

Question Questionable 10 lb Opt. Nutr Protein Bag from Allsports

This is my first post here, but I have been reading your supplement,diet, and nutrition tips for a while now. One product that always came up in discussion was the 10 pound opt nutr protein from allsportsnutrition.com. At such a low price, I took the advice and purchased a bag. I just finished my old one and received a new one in the mail on friday. i was a bit dissapointed when i saw that it arrived in a half broken barely taped together box with an incorrect label on it. Also, the bag had a slight tear in the corner and was leaking. I didn't think much of it, but when i went to make my protein shake today(w/ water) it seemed like a different product. It did not dissolve in the water as the other bag had. It also looked and smelled different. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this. Also, do you think I should continue to use the mix from this bag. I am worried about this because protein shakes account for 3 of my 6 meals so to have a poor product would really ruin my diet.

sav22 is offline Associate Member
    Email them and let them know you're problem. I'm sure there must something that they will help you out on. These companies rely on their customers so they want you to come back to them, I'm sure they'll help you out.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    ok fiirst off, protein shakes shouldn't make up half of your six meals, there not mrp's, eat real shiat first, second optimum is know for not being totally pure half of there stuff is fillers and thats why it is so damn cheap!!!!! you pay for what you get, invest in soem real protein
    peace

DylanE is offline New Member
    It is not my entire meal. I always get some carbs in every meal.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    First off, you should contact allsports about your problem, they are always very helpful.

When things are sent by UPS or FedEx, the packages are banged around. It happens. Allsports has nothing to do with the flavor of the protein. That is optimum nutrition. In that case you could contact optimum nutrition and find out why it taste different from the 5 lb. containers.
    I have gone through a couple of 10lb. bags myself. Personally I thought they looked, tasted, and mixed the same. That is just my experience though.

NightOp is offline Member
    I also got a 10 pounder from allsports and it seemed fine and looked fine when i got it... however it doesnt mix as good and as easily as the 4 pound buckets, still mixes ok, just not QUITE as good as the buckets... my guess is that in filling the new 10 pound bags some slight changes in the manufacturing process ended up sending a few less than ideal bags out... just a guess, I really don't know.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I've had no problems with my 10lb er. Tastes great.

Thread Information