taufeedawg1 is offline Junior Member

protein vs. creatine

What is the diff between protein and creatine?

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!

K.Biz is offline Banned

kobiack is offline Banned

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Are you serious?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by taufeedawg1
    Just do a google search on it or wikipedia
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Well I am very new to the whole thing of taking supplements and am trying to do some research to learn.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    at least he doesnt wanna do a dbol only cycle

haha sorry to ya bro but just do some reading.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by number twelve
    at least he doesnt wanna do a dbol only cycle

haha sorry to ya bro but just do some reading.
    very true, and at least hes not doin a m1t cycle insted of NO explode :loL: i saw someone post that somewhere yesterday

buff-man-22 is offline New Member
    wow dude that's funny. Dont do any cycles

Blog Entries

BUMP For real though, this is pretty basic stuff that can be found by doing a search here on the board, or someone mentioned above: GOOGLE!! My favortie webpage of all time. Good luck bro

Allow me to expound... I am learning that protein is the basic building block for gaining muscle, but i've heard great things about creatine also.. So i just wanted to know which one is better. Like i said, i'm quite new to fitness and supplements in general. Thanks for not flaming me too bad

Allow me to expound... I am learning that protein is the basic building block for gaining muscle, but i've heard great things about creatine also.. So i just wanted to know which one is better. Like i said, i'm quite new to fitness and supplements in general. Thanks for not flaming me too bad
    theyre both essential supplements. if protein is the basic building block for gaining muscle then dont you think protein should ALWAYS be taken? common sense comes into play here

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    In terms of ability to build muscle creatine is more effective than protein, but dont let that turn you off to protein. A great beginners supplement stack includes creatine and protein!

That helps me out. Should I take them even though I am just starting to lift, or would it be smarter to lift for a while and then in a few months or so, add the protein and creatine?

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    You take protein and creatine everyday in your foods man, Both natural supps found in your food, just remember what a supplement is, Its something extra to "SUPPLEMENT" your body when you cant get enough from foods. So there is absolutely no problem with taking either of these supps. Also besides these being the obvious 2 to start with, you should really think about a Multivitamin. Those would be my top 3, then you can start looking into others like glutamine, fish oils, BCAA's and soforth. But dont take this the wrong way and only drink protein shakes, try to get as much as you can from real food.

That helps me out. Should I take them even though I am just starting to lift, or would it be smarter to lift for a while and then in a few months or so, add the protein and creatine?
    you can take them now

Good. Thanks for the help, and sorry again for the dumn question.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateTank
    In terms of ability to build muscle creatine is more effective than protein, but dont let that turn you off to protein. A great beginners supplement stack includes creatine and protein!
    You sure about that chief?

GGallin is offline Senior Member
    Yeah bro creatine and protien are 2 totally different things all together. You eat protien every day in your food. You are supposed to eat AT LEAST 1g to 2grams of protien per pound of body weight regardless of whether you just started working out or have been working out for years. If you wiegh 170 you should at least injest 170 grams of protien MINIMUM! 340 grams would be optimal at least when your are packing on size but is somnething you can wait for until you are ready for that much protien. Protien is KEY creatine is good too but it is not nearly as essential as protien. Mixed then together and you will see gains for sure, just drink lots of water as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GGallin
    Yeah bro creatine and protien are 2 totally different things all together. You eat protien every day in your food. You are supposed to eat AT LEAST 1g to 2grams of protien per pound of body weight regardless of whether you just started working out or have been working out for years. If you wiegh 170 you should at least injest 170 grams of protien MINIMUM! 340 grams would be optimal at least when your are packing on size but is somnething you can wait for until you are ready for that much protien. Protien is KEY creatine is good too but it is not nearly as essential as protien. Mixed then together and you will see gains for sure, just drink lots of water as well.

I will take your advice and see what happens.

ect0m0rph is offline Member
    sounds like you might think that supplements are dangerous for you. When in fact they are not. The only dangerous thing about creatine is if you take it and dont work out you will be a fatty. You are eating protein now you just need to eat more and add creatine to put on more weight and then turn it into muscle by going to the gym. Not a dumb question you will figure it all out, I would rather see someone ask than do something stupid and comeback with .... OH crap guys I just took a dbol cycle and heard you need PCT with that what should I get.

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    how do you get fat by taking creatine and not working out?

Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer12
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by ect0m0rph
    sounds like you might think that supplements are dangerous for you. When in fact they are not. The only dangerous thing about creatine is if you take it and dont work out you will be a fatty. You are eating protein now you just need to eat more and add creatine to put on more weight and then turn it into muscle by going to the gym. Not a dumb question you will figure it all out, I would rather see someone ask than do something stupid and comeback with .... OH crap guys I just took a dbol cycle and heard you need PCT with that what should I get.
    It's not that I am scared of taking supps. I just want to make sure I am going to do it the right way. You know, so I dont become like one of the "oh crap" guys.

But I am begining to figure it out. One bit at a time.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    If I were you I wouldnt worry about taking protein or creatine

Hell I wouldnt even worry about a specific diet. My main concern would be to establish a habbit of going to the gym and also working on good form, mind-muscle connection, etc.

maybe 3-6 months from now you can worry about using a protein powder along with a diet that provides you the macros you need. Then once you start to plataeu maybe creatine.

Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    If I were you I wouldnt worry about taking protein or creatine

Hell I wouldnt even worry about a specific diet. My main concern would be to establish a habbit of going to the gym and also working on good form, mind-muscle connection, etc.

maybe 3-6 months from now you can worry about using a protein powder along with a diet that provides you the macros you need. Then once you start to plataeu maybe creatine.

Are you saying to hold of on the protein and diet for now, well until I am able to astablish a habit of working out on a regular basis?

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    Im going to assume, he's talking about cell tech or someting that has 75g of sugar per serving? Otherwise I have no idea?

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    You sure about that chief?
    Well for me at least...
    Don't get me wrong I use whey after every workout, but I've never found results from whey to be as "good" as creatine

with that being said though, if a person were to have to choose between either protein or creatine, I would think protein would be a better choice because its more of a "base" supplement than creatine is.

sorry for my poor choice of wording

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateTank
    Well for me at least...
    Don't get me wrong I use whey after every workout, but I've never found results from whey to be as "good" as creatine

with that being said though, if a person were to have to choose between either protein or creatine, I would think protein would be a better choice because its more of a "base" supplement than creatine is.

sorry for my poor choice of wording
    Maybe I was being a picky twat but it seems ludicrous to compare the two, protein is essential whereas creatine is a supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Maybe I was being a picky twat but it seems ludicrous to compare the two, protein is essential whereas creatine is a supplement.
    You werent a picky twat, it was just simple miscommunication.
    Couldnt agree with you more with protein being essential and creatine being a supplement

here is another question you guys can help with. Long before I decided to start ifting, I had a friend who used to take creatine and he said that there were some side effects to it. It was a long time ago, so I do not remeber the side effects he mentioned, but is there really any big side effects to taking creatine?

Shane35aa is offline Senior Member
    I would use the search tool on here it will give you alot of good info. Plus will help cut down on some of the flames. If you do start taking creatine, be sure to take alot of water in through out the day. It will dehydrate you if your not getting enough.

ect0m0rph is offline Member
    Sorry I phrased that wrong, I was trying to send the message that the most important thing about body building is a regular gym schedule. Keep in the gym and worry about working out. If you eat like a body builder and dont go to the gym you are going to struggle, that's what I was trying to say. Sorry I always come across wrong.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Is their a diff...LOL

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    haha have to give it to him, at least being new to the gym he asked about protien and creatine not whats better Dbol or winni

lifta_00 is offline Associate Member
    bro i would say if your lifting regulary 3-5 times a week then get some chicken breasts, tuna etc in you every day.. and if you wanted you can add protein powder no harm done. take your protein powder as soon as you finish your training as GGallin said aim for 340 grams a day of protein. once you have acheived this on a regular basis then you could add in creatine if you wanted. but you will grow if you eat properly and train.

Thread Information