stlhrse is offline Junior Member

Clen & benadryl vs. Clen and T3

I know that clen downregulates the beta 2 receptors and that benadryl and T3 both upregulate them. Can someone please explain the advantage to taking T3 instead of benadryl with the clen? I'm not doing any cycles or PCT. I'm just trying to lean down and don't really have the extra 50$ for the T3, in addition to the $60 for the Clen. I've read the profiles for both.

Doug

wanescotting is offline Junior Member
    T3 is VERY catabolic. I am using clen /benadyrl myself (1 week in).

kobiack is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wanescotting
    I am using clen/benadyrl myself (1 week in).
    what do you thiink? i'm starting the exact same thing next week. have you shed any lbs. yett?

I haven't started mine yet. Probably next week. I'm waiting to see if my blood pressure comes down aliitle. What does catabolic mean and is it good or bad? I too am interested if you've lost any weight so far.

well, I cut out carbs and stopped taking creatine 5 days before I started, but I can see a difference. I lost about 6 lbs, but most of that was probably water weight(creatine, carbs). It does seem as though I am burning fat, I can see a slight difference in my body definition. Remember, clen affects folks differently. I can change my body composition easily, I have a pretty good metabolism (I eat 8 times a day). I haven't even hit the cardio heavy yet
    For me, clen is the final piece of the puzzle, not a magic bullet to burn calories.

Catabolic: burning muscle, calories, fat

Anabolic : Building muscle

Not a textbook definition, but you get the idea

how do carbs and creatine effect it? If I'm taking protien and carbs and creatine after a WO and eating complex carbs and protien for meals, is it going to negate the fat cutting ability of clen ?

Carbs and creatine don't affect clen , I cut them out becuase I am trying to lean down.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    t3 upregulates Beta receptors?? News to me. Where did you get this info?

I thought that was what I read on Anythony's profile for clen . Is that wrong?

Also, the clen I got from Lion is a liquid. Am I supposed to just squirt it in my mouth or am I supposed to squirt it under my tongue?

yes its wrong. T3 is a thyroids hormone.
    spray the clen in your mouth.
    check clen FAQ in my sig.

Edit: I just got a chance to go back and look at Anthony's profile for T3 in the profiles section. Here's what it says:

"On the brighter side, and of special note to dieters, administration of T3 has been shown to upregulate the beta 2 receptors in fat tissue. As you know clenbuterol and similar compounds downregulate this receptor, so using T3 with your clen will help stave off or reverse this downregulation. (1)(2)(3)(4). I would still recommend taking your benadryl every third week, though."

I thought that was what I read the first time. It is mainly a thyroid hormone but happens to have this added benefit as well.

Doug
    Last edited by stlhrse; 01-13-2007 at 12:29 AM.

Hmm never noticed!! From what I can work out it would not upreg enough to be effective on it's own, if at all. Benadryl or sufficient off time would still be needed for effective clen use.

yeah, your right. Anthony says in that quote that he would still recommend taking the benadryl every third week also, even if on T3.

Doug

peace_frog is offline Associate Member
    I hate to be one of those "do more research" guys. But in this case, if you dont know what catabolic is, or even the effect of carbs , you really should visit the dieters forum along with asking questions in this forum(though researching with the search button will yeild you quicker results than waiting for a response. The info you need is already here.) Im not slamming you, just advising. It sounds like you are really new to all of this and if you dont know the basics, you shouldnt be using clen yet, your results will be disappointing. Good luck.

Thread Information