Thread: supplements

truck17 is offline New Member

supplements

i have a few questions about supplements i did some research, but really couldnt find the answer.
    is it that important to take vitamin c and how much a day should i take?
    someone told me that my pwo shake should be a mix of two different t ypes or protein. what two should it be and any good brand names u can suggest?
    is takin flax or fish seed oil in the pill as good as takin the liquid and what are the benefits of these oils?

Quote Originally Posted by truck17
    i have a few questions about supplements i did some research, but really couldnt find the answer.
    is it that important to take vitamin c and how much a day should i take?
    someone told me that my pwo shake should be a mix of two different t ypes or protein. what two should it be and any good brand names u can suggest?
    is takin flax or fish seed oil in the pill as good as takin the liquid and what are the benefits of these oils?
    Vit C can help your energy levels, and in extreme doses even aid in fat loss. People on here take between 6-15g/day for these purposes. Make sure you aren't using ascorbic acid, b/c it will make you shit yoohoo.

Straight whey protein after your workout. It is good to mix dextrose, or some sort of simply carbs in with it because it will spike your insulin levels and increase protein absorption. 80-90g dextrose with 40-50g whey.

Use our sponsor on the board here and you can get 10lbs of whey for like $43, doesn't taste half bad, and is pretty good quality.

You can take the pills, but you will probably be swallowing a lot of pills. Just get some flax and mix it in with a chocolate protein shake, tastes good. I take about 1.5-2 tbsp of flax.

i can get muscle milk really cheap from a trainer i know is that a good pwo shake? i was also thinking about takin isopure carb free b4 work out and one in the morning? sound good?

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by truck17
    i can get muscle milk really cheap from a trainer i know is that a good pwo shake? i was also thinking about takin isopure carb free b4 work out and one in the morning? sound good?
    it depends on what you are looking for, what are your stats? Muscle milk contains a lot of fat and carbs. If that is what you are looking for then you are good to go, if not there are many other proteins that are much lower in fat and carbs.

im looking to put on mass. any suggestions much appreciated? what about the isopure 2 times a day. one am and one 30 min prior to workout?

ckyass is offline Associate Member
    you dont want to drink muscle milk after you workout, You dont want any fats as it will slow down the absorbtion of your protien and carbs, defeating the purpose of the pwo shake

so whats a good brand to have pwo? isopure carb free? i like there flavors. that a good one?

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    I like optimum nutrition 100% whey protein

ON 100% whey with 40 grams dextrose and 40 grams malodextrin. Thats what i take for pwo shake.

Anti is offline New Member
    I think you should look into using Cytosports Cyto Gainer for pwo for trying to gain.

SNUKA is offline Member
    def like cky says i used ON chocolate mint its the best shake ive ever tasted and adding the dextrose helps aid in recovery

not sound like a total dumbass but whats dextrose

its a simple carb/sugar, you can get it at bodybuilding.com type in dextrose and NOW foods has a 15 lb bag of it for cheap.

HAVOKGT is offline Junior Member
    im lookin to burn fat but have mass..

so how much dextrose should i put into a shake after work out?

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    If you are doing Whey and Dextrose for PWO then use 2:1 ratio Dextrose:Whey, example 80-100g dextrose for 40-50g Whey

Thread Information