Tyson2481 is offline Associate Member

Muscle Milk for Post workout?

Anyone take it for post workout I heard it was a cassein and now im all WTF....that it takes 1hr and 45 minutes to hit ur system and start working???? anyone else heard this?

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    read the ingredients.....but i've also heard that muscle milk is high in fat so i wouldnt use it pwo. WHEY and oats is where its at or i use cytosport cytogainer i love that stuff

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson2481
    Anyone take it for post workout I heard it was a cassein and now im all WTF....that it takes 1hr and 45 minutes to hit ur system and start working???? anyone else heard this?
    I don't think anyone on this board takes Muscle Milk for PWO nutrition. And even if they did, they most likely won't admit to it.

I see lots of guys in the gym drinking those Muscle Milk RTD's while working out. Makes no sense. Why would you want to expend your body's energy on breaking down the drink during your workout instead of using that energy for lifting?

Superhuman is offline Banned
    MuscleMilk is a bad idea for PWO because it has lots of fat which means it takes longer to digest, and after your workout you need some fast-digesting carbs and protein. I take Gainer Matrix by ISS after my workout because it has only 4g of fat, but it has 100g of carbs and 50g protein. In addition to that I drink ISS Reload Satur8 for extra carbs.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i take cytogainer, tastes almost as good as muscle milk. its made by the same company.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Cytogainer is a fantastic PWO solution. An ideal mix of carbs and protein. Just make sure that you're taking it down with water, not milk!

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    Damn Superhuman 100g of carbs and then you take more, I have been wondering if my pwo shake had enough carbs and it doesnt sound like it, i have been drinking an pwo shake from proteinfactory.com called big blast it only has about 25g of carbs, looks like I need to kick it up.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i used to drink muscle milk 2 hours b4 i lifted it, felt pretty good.

Danny_Dice is offline Junior Member
    i take lean body, better tasting, more shit in it, much less fat

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    MuscleMilk is a bad idea for PWO because it has lots of fat which means it takes longer to digest, and after your workout you need some fast-digesting carbs and protein. I take Gainer Matrix by ISS after my workout because it has only 4g of fat, but it has 100g of carbs and 50g protein. In addition to that I drink ISS Reload Satur8 for extra carbs.

Since that fat is not in solid form, rather liquid. This statement is not true. Fat is absorbed lymphatically while Amino's are digested in the Small Intestine. One does not interfere with the digestion of the other, unless the fat is a saturated fat in a solid form.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Cytogainer is a fantastic PWO solution. An ideal mix of carbs and protein. Just make sure that you're taking it down with water, not milk!

Why not milk?

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    too much fat IMO. Make your own protein shake up with whey iso and some carbs (my preference would be waxy maize starch).

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Since that fat is not in solid form, rather liquid. This statement is not true. Fat is absorbed lymphatically while Amino's are digested in the Small Intestine. One does not interfere with the digestion of the other, unless the fat is a saturated fat in a solid form.
    is that so? if this is true then that makes a big difference

It is in fact true. Just take a look at any nutrition text and look up Lipid Digestion.

Which also disproves the theory of adding flax oil to whey shakes somehow slows the digestion of the protein. This is another bodybuilding myth.

I wouldn't recommend Muscle Milk as a PWO supplement. Not because of its high fat content, which is mainly MCT's. Which are in fact digested much like carbs. But rather because the protein, personally I feel it is best to have a fat digesting protein source for PWO. So you could however use a good WPI for PWO and then follow up with a Muscle Milk about 20-30 min later. But for PWO I would opt for another protein source.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I am not much of a fan of muscle milk.

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    muscle milk is not all casein but it does have casein in it, id stay away from it post workout and go with a 100% whey product cytosprt the makers of muscle milk make a comlete whey tastes great check it out

Thread Information