ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member

Walmart Vs. high $$

Ok so i am what you could call a economic situation that won't allow me to get muscle milk and name brand creatine in other words i am broke.
    So my question is walmart supplements and the quality i mean i have the creatine witch is the Weider brands and then they have that whole 6 star line of protien and other supplements granted the protien taste like the bottom of my shoe and doesn't shake very well leaving large clump but i am still taking in the protein + i get the worst farts.
    So should countinue to take these or just stock pile some cash till i can get back on the good name brand stuff? any opions welcome

K.Biz is offline Banned
    i buy all my support sups at walmart ... ( fish oil, hawthorn berry, RYR, milk thistle, niacin, Vit C...ect) i dont seem to be having any problems. actully walmart is the only place i can find 1000mg milk thistle...

As far as there protien, i dunno about that... i mean protien is protien. but i would prob save up some cash for some decent ON whey or somthing

Teegunn is offline Banned
    There is a definite difference from the el cheapo products at Walmart. Lower potency, subpar manufacturing processes. But on a budget, the stuff will work in a pinch. Long-term, I would never use the stuff from Walmart though.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    i buy all my support sups at walmart ... ( fish oil, hawthorn berry, RYR, milk thistle, niacin, Vit C...ect) i dont seem to be having any problems. actully walmart is the only place i can find 1000mg milk thistle...

As far as there protien, i dunno about that... i mean protien is protien. but i would prob save up some cash for some decent ON whey or somthing
    Yea i get most of my flax seed oil and potassium and taurine from walmart

JuliasDad is offline Associate Member
    i buy all my vitamins at walmart and the 6star protien. thats pretty much the only protien i use.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegunn
    There is a definite difference from the el cheapo products at Walmart. Lower potency, subpar manufacturing processes. But on a budget, the stuff will work in a pinch. Long-term, I would never use the stuff from Walmart though.
    i disagree. i used to buy protein there all the time when i was in a jam. i'd like to see proof of the "lower potency/ subpar manufacturing process." yeah their protein tastes like a bag of shit but it's still protein. i don't really use whey anymore but there is nothing wrong with their brands.

Buying vits at Walmart. There is NO comparison to a quality product. Walmart carries 90% crap. Try a real one and you'll feel the difference in a few days. Especially their multis = suck.

Quote Originally Posted by hawktribal
    i disagree. i used to buy protein there all the time when i was in a jam. i'd like to see proof of the "lower potency/ subpar manufacturing process." yeah their protein tastes like a bag of shit but it's still protein. i don't really use whey anymore but there is nothing wrong with their brands.

I was specifically talking about their vitamins, but even their protein is lower tier. There's a LOT better choices out there. Although I'm not knocking anyone who can't or won't spend the extra bucks on the higher end stuff.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegunn
    I was specifically talking about their vitamins, but even their protein is lower tier. There's a LOT better choices out there. Although I'm not knocking anyone who can't or won't spend the extra bucks on the higher end stuff.
    edit: fvck it, i'm not in the mood to argue

suzuki99 is offline Associate Member
    it might not taste as good, or be loaded with extras like higher costing protein. but protein is basically protein, w-marts protein isnt like crude dog food, its human grade, it doesnt even really make sense that it would be worse than other proteins minus the extra amino acids, carbs etc.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Most of them are crap so it doesn't really matter where you waste your money.

Go buy some chicken and tuna LOL
    Funny ppl say they are on a budget but totally ignore cheap foods such as Rice/Potatoes/pasta and cheap sources of protein but continue to gobble up the supplements thinking they will fix everything.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hawktribal

It is true. There are companies who produce under the GMF and some that dont. The supplement industry is not regulated, therefore the standards on what you get can fluctuate.

There are companies like APEX who operate under the GMF and hold very high standard in their compounds in which they use in their sports supplements to their general health supplements.

Walmart brands do not hold them same standards. Its obvious looking at their prices. Their selling products to stay in business and they would have certain margins to adhear to. There is no way that they would be buying high end chemical compounds or very high end products and selling at bottom dollar pricing.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    It is true. There are companies who produce under the GMF and some that dont. The supplement industry is not regulated, therefore the standards on what you get can fluctuate.

There are companies like APEX who operate under the GMF and hold very high standard in their compounds in which they use in their sports supplements to their general health supplements.

Walmart brands do not hold them same standards. Its obvious looking at their prices. Their selling products to stay in business and they would have certain margins to adhear to. There is no way that they would be buying high end chemical compounds or very high end products and selling at bottom dollar pricing.
    You get what you pay for

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr

Funny ppl say they are on a budget but totally ignore cheap foods such as Rice/Potatoes/pasta and cheap sources of protein but continue to gobble up the supplements thinking they will fix everything.
    couldnt agree more, my weekly groceries this week:

$23 chicken (disounted for frequent shopper program i got 2x 9 packs)
    $12 sirloin 5x 7oz steaks
    $8 tuna 7 larged duoble cans
    $3 brown rice 1 bag
    $3 broccoli 1 large bunch

49 dollars for my food

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I believe the 6 Star line that Walmart sells is owned by Muscle Tech.

Might not be a decrease in quality, it has to do with you paying more for a brand name, as with anything else in this world.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member
    yeah i eat meats all day long...i just drink a shake in the morning when im on the run but other then that , i wouldnt need them.....i grow the same drinking a protein shake or not.....just eat up your meats and youll be fine......

so you have seen the inside of my freezer and the babinets, thats all i have is chicken, tuna, rice and penut butter

No I haven't looked in your "baninets" but if you're trying to bulk forget the chicken and tuna and protein powder crap.

Whatever bro, keep doing what you're doing and I'll do what I do, just trying to save you some money and time.. supplements aren't the answer to getting big.

sock is offline Junior Member

I hear that, fruit veggies, fish etc. have all the vita's you need. I never buy vitamins. I do spend money of pre/post wo and bulk whey though.

No I haven't looked in your "baninets" but if you're trying to bulk forget the chicken and tuna and protein powder crap.

Whatever bro, keep doing what you're doing and I'll do what I do, just trying to save you some money and time.. supplements aren't the answer to getting big.
    Well thanks for catching me on my spelling error. plus i am not trying to bulk, i am actually cutting right now and i was basically asking peoples thoughts on the protien powder not trying to answer the question of how do get big

lol, Was messing with you about the spelling mistake, don't take it personal.
    Here's my take on it whether it interests you or not and then I'll leave your thread alone.

Whole foods are much better at helping you to lean-up in the fact that when consuming solid foods it helps to boost the metabolism much more than a liquid meal would.

I personally stay away from powdered protein products for the simple fact that I am friends with company owners in the supplement industry and know first-hand that they are very overpriced and market to the younger/newer lifters who are easily sold on false product claims.

Most if not all people who are serious about staying in shape do not supplement very much from my experience with various people in a wide selection of sports. If I could drink 3-4shakes/day and get the same results you better believe I'd do it.

At the same time though I enjoy seeing the supplement companies thrive because without them the sport of bodybuilding would hardly exist outside of the few amateur+pro competitors that are still around. So keep buying those supps

Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    I believe the 6 Star line that Walmart sells is owned by Muscle Tech.

Might not be a decrease in quality, it has to do with you paying more for a brand name, as with anything else in this world.

Muscletech SUCKS. Pretty much the whole line SUCKS. When it comes to vitamins and minerals, how they are produced and the raw materials used makes a difference. As far as protein/creatine etc go - I think there is less of a difference, between "expensive" and "walmart" crap. I've used many different brands over the years. Generally, you get what you pay for, but not always. Like Muscletech - they suck.

boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member
    the only vit i buy is vit C.....oh and some Larginine....lol oh and the pre work out stim "NO shotgun".....

i get alot of my vits at wal mart...

argenine...glutatime....fish oil...all that stuff nice and cheap...

pwerfll1 is offline Banned
    yup me too

Thread Information