BlackStang is offline Associate Member

Which are most important???

Hey all, I have been reading around for awhile now but am interested in which supplements actually do help and which most you guys reccomend. I know diet is the number one thing and once that is in check add the supplements to optimize results. Will use weight gainer shakes when I can't fit in meals and use casien protein before bed.

I figure the basics such as protein power, glutamine, multi-vit, and EFA's are the top 4 but I have a question about others. Here are the ones I was wondering about. I know they arn't necissary but are they worth using?

Vitamin C (3000mg/ed): Helps to prevent free radical damage. It also helps to speed the repair of damaged connective tissue.

Calcium (1000mg/ed): Essential if you are eating a high protein diet. Protein increases the excrection of calcium, so you must replace it.

ZMA: to help raise test levels. Needed if still under 25??

Here is a sample of the "stacks" that a book I purchased reccomends. This is on workout days.

Pre-Workout: Glutamine (1.tbps), Vit C (1000mg), Creatine (1/2 serving).

Post-Workout: Glutamine (1.tbps), Vit C (1000mg), Creatine (1/2 serving), Protein/Dextrose.

Anytime during the day: ZMA, Multi-Vit

Before Bed: Glutamine (1tbps), Vit C (1000mg), Calcium (1000mg), EFA's, I would add in the casien protein to help with muscle loss.

Any thoughts or inputs?

Thanks
    Last edited by BlackStang; 02-27-2007 at 11:34 PM.

Thread Information