GrowingMuscle is offline Junior Member

Medical Cannabis

This is not a thread about recreational drugs. Please don’t make it one. This is for scientific and medical purposes only. I hope we can all put away idealism and preconceived judgments. Let’s keep an opened mind.

11 states have legalized the use of Cannabis for medicinal use. Here is California doctors are prescribing Medical Cannabis and it is legal under California’s proposition 215. We all know it stimulates the appetite “munches” and helps food stay down. This is very good for AIDS, cancer and other severe health problems that cause lose of appetite. Some doctors say the only thing keeping there patients alive is marijuana.

I know smoke is unhealthy but many people who use Cannabis medicinally use vaporizers. This cuts like 98% of the tar out, you just inhale the vapor.

I went to a doctor and told him I had back pains and that I could not sleep well at night. I told him that sleeping pills and pain killers gave me bad side affects and that I would rather be natural than eat a bunch of man made chemicals. He prescribed me MJ.

Can we all agree that there is nothing in the world that gives you the munchies like MJ? Wouldn’t such an appetite stimulant be useful in the world of bodybuilding, especially for people with eating disorders?

Of coarse I am referring to responsible use, if legally prescribed. Also I am talking about breathing the vapor and not smoking it.

We all act different, and for some this may not be an option. But for some (who can keep a clear mind and stay productive) I believe medicinal MJ may be a great supplement.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Thanks

jk486994 is offline Associate Member
    Great Addition to a Bulking Diet IMO....

Settles an upset stomach and Increases your appetite like no other, but eating clean can be a problem with the "munchies"

Quote Originally Posted by jk486994
    Great Addition to a Bulking Diet IMO....

Settles an upset stomach and Increases your appetite like no other, but eating clean can be a problem with the "munchies"
    Yes, it takes more discipline.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    I also agree with the bulking supplement.

but with past experiences, not anymore. the act of getting "high" caused me to be lazy when comming down. making me tired and wanting to sleep. this is bad for focus on the gym and things like that.

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    ib4tl

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateTank
    ib4tl

haha. but its true this will get locked

Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    but with past experiences, not anymore. the act of getting "high" caused me to be lazy when comming down. making me tired and wanting to sleep. this is bad for focus on the gym and things like that.
    This could be a problem with over medicating.

I am talking about responsible regulated use to where you would not “come down” so hard, just enough to stimulate appetite but not put you in an intoxicated condition.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    haha. but its true this will get locked
    I can't see why. We are not talking about rec drugs. I am strictly referring to it’s legal use for health purposes.

People with different motives.

It is not the plant that is evil; it is the people who abuse it. Let’s not demonize something that is saving peoples lives. For some ill people this is the only thing that keeps there food down hence keeping them alive.

I hope all the mods can keep opened minds and not close a thread on such a huge subject. One that is making waves across America, state by state they are legalizing medical cannabis.

suzuki99 is offline Associate Member
    i think its rediculous that something that can help people isnt legal for scripts in all states. i used to enjoy smoking it but like others have said it makes me wayyy to lazy and tired

Thread Information