Jaded is offline New Member

BCAA's - When & How

Im wondering what the best timing is for taking BCAA capsules. I've been taking 3 capsules before my last set during my workout or if I forget Immediately after my workout.

Am I getting the most our of my BCAA's?

Tambit24 is offline Member
    just grabbed some myself and was wondering the same. I think pre and post though.

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded
    Im wondering what the best timing is for taking BCAA capsules. I've been taking 3 capsules before my last set during my workout or if I forget Immediately after my workout.

Am I getting the most our of my BCAA's?
    not if youre taking capsules

IMO bulk powder is a lot more cost effective

i sip on 20g during my workout...i would need like a whole bottle of capsules to get that much LOL

NewVader is offline Associate Member
    th probelm with caps is that one serving contains 2 grams ar most. You need at least 10 g before and 10 g after your workout. So powder is best Scifit has a good 1kg offer.
    BCAA are only useful when cutting, if you are on a restricted calorie regime they will help you spare your lean mass while working out.
    They are pretty much useless for bulking, they won't give you mass

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah, I have been taking 10 grams preworkout while priming/cutting the last 10 weeks for another cycle. That involved taking 20 caps. Though I enjoyed the strange looks I got in the gym, I got myself a jug of powder to mix up in the future...

The caps are kinda convienient in the way that you just spill them into your hand and sip some water - but the cost per gram is too much if you want to mega dose BCAA's...

Jaded is offline New Member
    great suggestions... I guess I should have given a few details.

I'm currently cutting
    35 years old
    5' 10"
    188 lbs
    ~17% bf

I fell off my diet and gym routine when I got brochitus 5 weeks ago and have just recently started hitting the gym 4 days a week again. DIet is going pretty well but not a strict as I was prior to the lung biscuits. That's why Im guessing 17% body fat. PWO Cardio 30 mins (hour after a pro carb meal)

My goal isn't to be on or get ready for a cycle. Just want to look good in a tshirt. So far Im pleased with the result of my year of gym and diet but disappointed in how fast I fattened up when I got sick.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I posted this lasrt night but it got deleted with the server screwup:

Post your favorite sites for the cheapest BCAA powder.
    ***No source checks!!!***

horray for BN!

1000g for $40

So, does everyone agree 20g post workout?

eh probably not...
    ive dun 10g pre, 10g post

im now doing 20g during

you're prolly gonna find dosages and timing to be all across the board...expirement to find what werks best for YOU

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateTank
    eh probably not...
    ive dun 10g pre, 10g post

im now doing 20g during

you're prolly gonna find dosages and timing to be all across the board...expirement to find what werks best for YOU
    I like 10 grams prior when cutting and training with low glycogen reserves. I was thinking about ~15-20g's in the water while training during a mass building phase - how is this going for you?

I use the Optimum Nutrition Instantized BCAA 5000 Powder... it dissolves nicely in water...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BCAA's - When & How-om-bcaa.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I like 10 grams prior when cutting and training with low glycogen reserves. I was thinking about ~15-20g's in the water while training during a mass building phase - how is this going for you?

I use the Optimum Nutrition Instantized BCAA 5000 Powder... it dissolves nicely in water...
    Im cutting right now...
    And ive been sipping on 20g during my workout...im about ~2 months into cutting thus far and my strength has yet to falter...infact ive gotten stronger in the majority of my exercises all while dropping 1-2lbs/week...i luv this stuff!

Im absolutely adamant about preserving as much muscle as i can this time around

I mite have to try the ON bcaa powder...BN's powder is a BITCH to dissolve

Yeah, I can easily drop 1-2 pounds per week while maintaining - and sometimes gaining - strength while using BCAA's prior to training. It really helps when you are low on glycogen and energy is limited. I plan to try the BCAA's during training while working a high volume bulk routine and see if I notice the same helpful feedback... starting next week.

The ON BCAA is like little crystals - not a powder texture at all. Good stuff.

Yeah, I can easily drop 1-2 pounds per week while maintaining - and sometimes gaining - strength while using BCAA's prior to training. It really helps when you are low on glycogen and energy is limited. I plan to try the BCAA's during training while working a high volume bulk routine and see if I notice the same helpful feedback... starting next week.

The ON BCAA is like little crystals - not a powder texture at all. Good stuff.
    Since im cutting do you think 10g pre and 10g during mite b a better protocol?

I am at work and have quickly searched a few sites for this, where does one go about purchasing this?

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    just go to yahoo and put on Optimum Nutrition Instantized BCAA 5000 Powder or go to bulk nutrition . com and you can purchase their bulk bcaa's powder pretty cheap

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan86
    just go to yahoo and put on Optimum Nutrition Instantized BCAA 5000 Powder or go to bulk nutrition . com and you can purchase their bulk bcaa's powder pretty cheap

Bulk nor allsports sell this kind fo BCAA's...I did search but I wanna get the best price.

Body Building .com had a good review but still no link or price.

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateTank
    Since im cutting do you think 10g pre and 10g during mite b a better protocol?
    I have only played with the 10grams pre- but you could toy with the idea... part of this is cost-to-benefit... if the 10 grams during your workout isn't helping retian more (or gain) strength; then obviously drop it since it is probably just getting metabolized as a source of energy. I believe research is out there that suggest any incoming calories during training can blunt some of the training-induced fat burning effects (obviously not good for cutting)... so my initial thought is to just take a dose pre-workout, then bust your ass to get as much stored fat liberated as possible, and then follow up post-workout...

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Bulk nor allsports sell this kind fo BCAA's...I did search but I wanna get the best price.

Body Building .com had a good review but still no link or price.
    I bought mine through Muscular Development's Cyber Store. This fourm has referances to their hyperlink blocked so I am assuming they don't like posted links to them... so just google "MD Cyberstore" and it should pop up; or PM me and I can try and piece an URL together for you But there should be several places to buy it - I only used them because they send me stuff anyway (like a mag subscription and little MD goodies now and then)... and I Mod their discussion board, so I wanted to use their store.

It doesn't look like AllSportsNutrition.com carries it... yet... I think it is a fairly new product.

This link might work...

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    bulk nutrition for generic powder.

Thread Information