mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07

Price Inflation on Whey Protein

Hey folks,

I have a buddy that owns a local nutrition store and I went in this morning to purchase my usual Dymatize Elite Whey Protein that I use for PWO nutrition. I pick up my 5lbs tub of Vanilla protein and I was shocked when I saw the price was $38.95. My buddy typically sells this very protein for $28.95. I asked him about the price jump and he said that all major whey protein manufactures are substantially raising their prices in the very near future, if they haven't already done so. He specifically mentioned Dymatize, Optimum Nutrition, Cytosport, and IDS.

Just thought I would share.

Grace and Peace,
    Mavsluva

Shane35aa is offline Senior Member
    Great sounds like the people who jacked up the gas prices are now doing thier stuff on our whey.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane35aa
    Great sounds like the people who jacked up the gas prices are now doing thier stuff on our whey.

im glad i dont use protien as much i used to after hearing that info. i only drink 1 pre-workout and post. so my 10 pound bags usually last me pretty long

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    do like me and cut the shyt out completely.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    do like me and cut the shyt out completely.
    I do believe in perfect diets. im with you on that one. BUT I feel that protien really does help me workout better. if i have a small high protien meal before the gym, it doesnt even compare to what a protien drink does before the gym. I can definetly feel the difference. so to me protien is important. do i think it should be replaced by food? absolutly not

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Id use it to but cant swing the $ right now, (hence my thread in the diet sec called the "dirt poor" diet)

I used to use it constantly throughtout the day with food with out food, and found I do just as well if not better without it.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Hey folks,

I have a buddy that owns a local nutrition store and I went in this morning to purchase my usual Dymatize Elite Whey Protein that I use for PWO nutrition. I pick up my 5lbs tub of Vanilla protein and I was shocked when I saw the price was $38.95. My buddy typically sells this very protein for $28.95. I asked him about the price jump and he said that all major whey protein manufactures are substantially raising their prices in the very near future, if they haven't already done so. He specifically mentioned Dymatize, Optimum Nutrition, Cytosport, and IDS.

Just thought I would share.

Grace and Peace,
    Mavsluva
    check this place out their really cheap and fast!
    http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_item_dz033.htm

Thread Information