xzoomzx is offline Associate Member

flax oil or olive oil?

is olive oil as good asflax oil?........is it almost as good?.,,,,,,,if i add i table spoon to my slad is that a good way to take it ? would vinegar mixed with olive oil affect it an way ?

SirRed1 is offline New Member
    no olive is only good for cooking cause its a healthy oile.

flax is the best way to get your omega 3, 6, and 9 nutrients which are very good for the body and brain plus muscle development olive oil dont give you that

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    Olive oil contains very few essential fatty acids. While it will not harm you, it wont necessarily help you either.

Flax is good, but a little unbalanced toward Omega 3's. Still much better than olive oil, or nothing at all.

It would be ideal to find an EFA blend that contains correct ratio's of parent Omega 3 and 6. Exactly what defines "correct" is up for debate. Most recommend a 1 to 1 ration of three to six, from organic sources, no transfat content. (absolutly stay away from transfats)

Look at www.omeganutrition.com for options. Essential Balance blend is a good one.

if i am on a keto diet(very low carbs,high fat highprotein ) will having 1 tablespoon of olive oil hurt me at all ....i will be having 1 table spoon of flax at night with my protein shake .......wll the olive oil prevent me from losing any weight?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    If your on a Keto diet, you fats need to be way up to supply energy since your not getting it from carbs.

If you are on a keto diet, you will need much more than one tablespoon of flax. The flax will not cause you to gain bodyfat. It will do much more to prevent it actually, in addition to the health benefits inside your body. You wont get fat, or lean, from one tablespoon of olive oil either. Maybe you can post some diet specifics, I hope you are getting a lot more than two tablespoons of fat each day while on your keto diet.
    Last edited by Cousin Eddie; 08-20-2002 at 12:22 PM.

Also zoom, pick up some organic sesame oil to combine with your flax if you dont want to purchase a blend.

is this a good diet cousin eddie?

is this a god keto diet
    meal 1- 2 eggs 2 slices american cheese,little piece of chicken or steak
    1 teaspoon flax
    meal 2-steak or tuna/mayo
    meal 3-steak or chicken
    meal 4- chicken or steak 1 cup of broccoli
    meal 5 -protein shake with i tabespoon of flax
    i weigh around 185 and am about 5 foot 6i wanna get ripped by dec will this diet help me get ripped by then ......should i add anything ..cousin eddie?....

Zoom,
    IMO you should consume a MINIMUM of one tablespoon of balanced EFA's per 50 pounds of bodyweight per day. If you are on a serious keto diet, you would probably need more. Another source other than Omega would be Udo's Choice oils. There are others also. Anyway, you would really do yourself a favor if you bought a blend, or at the very least add organic sesame in the same amounts as your flax to balance the ratio a little.

Make sure that you consume only real dairy cheese. American cheese usually is processed cheese, which means it contains hydrogenated oils. These are transfats, which are arguably the cause of everything bad on the planet

Try real cheddar slices as a substitute.

Only you can say for sure if the diet works for you. It looks ok to me. I would worry a little about the time between meal 5 and the next meal 1. Zero Iso Pure is pure whey, which means its not going to stick around long. I assume that is your shake choice from another thread.

I also dont know what portion sizes you are talking about. You may very well add more protein and fat before it's over, or switch to a modified keto to keep glycogen stores in tact. It does look like a good place to start though, if you address the issues with transfats and efa balance. Good Luck, please let me know how it progresses.
    Last edited by Cousin Eddie; 08-27-2002 at 08:56 AM.

Thread Information