Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milk

phillifeline is offline New Member

Milk

ive bin talkin to an amatuer bodybuilding friend of mine who describes milk as the source of all evil as he believes dairy products cannot be digested properly :1 , i have heard this elsewere aswell , at the moment i drink 3 to 6 pints of milk a day and i jus luv the stuff does any 1 no if theres any truth in this claim ?

DeBaie is offline Junior Member
    I drink probably close to 2litres a day easy.. whole milk too.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    ***ends on the milk. If it is of the commercial, store-bought variety, it is pretty close to a poison. The pastuerization and homogination process make it undigestible. The hormones and antibiotics that are given to the animal are definately not something you would take by themselves.

If you can find a farmer with free-range, organic cows, buy raw milk from him before he puts it through all the commercial processes. If you live in CA or GA, you can legaly buy it raw.

Goats milk is good too, and a simpler protein to digest.

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    I have heard about this also. which sucks because i looovee milk

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well ive been drinking semi-skimmed milk for ages, full fat just tastes horrible now.

nbkandrew13 is offline Member
    i drink only skim sometime i throw in strawberry quik

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    gives me lethal gas.

Brazil is offline Member
    raw milk? i thought could make you sick? here in brazil i can get raw milk people boil it before drinking it so it doesnt get you sick. Are you saying you are supposed to drink it without boiling?

Archetype is offline Junior Member
    Milk is nothing but anabolic . Anyone tells you different they are fagabolic!

moush is offline Senior Member
    i dont take in any dairy on my diet...i use casein protein powder but thats it

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    goat is # 1

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Anyone who tells you that Milk is evil. Is a moron....sorry but that is the truth.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    EDIT: beat me to it^^

I drink like two 16 oz glasses of skim everyday, Havent had any probs getting lean.
    Last edited by MFT81; 06-26-2007 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    Oh shit, Giants is lurking,

I drink like two 16 oz glasses of skim everyday, Havent had any probs getting lean.

When someone disrespects Milk, they disrespect me...

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Quote Originally Posted by Brazil
    raw milk? i thought could make you sick? here in brazil i can get raw milk people boil it before drinking it so it doesnt get you sick. Are you saying you are supposed to drink it without boiling?

Lots of things can make you sick. Raw eggs can make you sick, but lots of people eat them. It ***ends on the health of the animal.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe that the dairy industry has mass marketed the importance and necessity of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    I believe that the dairy industry has mass marketed the importance and necessity of milk.

I'm sure they have, that's their job. But milk has been a part of the human diet since the domestication of animals.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    theres a reason why babies only drink milk when they are first born. its complete ludacris to say that milk is "evil". And not needed.

Milk = GOD haha unless you are lactose. then that sucks

phillifeline is offline New Member
    thanks for all the help guys i shall continue to enjoy my 3-6 pints a day

Quote Originally Posted by phillifeline
    thanks for all the help guys i shall continue to enjoy my 3-6 pints a day
    yikes!

NOW, this isnt my opionion so take it for what its worth but i KNOW MANY BBERS WHO refuse to drink milk as they say it makes them soft, contrbutes to fat gain and makes you skin thick.......sugar is high ( I ealize it's lactose and ok) but what about soy? Better neutional profile and if you get the plain light, the fat is only 2.5g and the sugar is less than 7g......not bad.....'

My bber's buddy who does a few shows a year says the best way to gain weight (or what he does) is drinks close to a half gallong of whole milk a day.......granted, he's a monster off season at 250 and visible abs, but just his thoughts.......

madds87 is offline Junior Member
    well milk is good in a way but it isnt boiled.... so that means whatever the cow is given or has is still in the milk when you buy it. then you can get certain diseases or bacterias. promised land** is good milk and is made the way it needs to be. goat milk is also good, its also easier on the stumach. honestly if you want to be stubborn about milk then at least make sure you the right good bacteria in your body to destroy the bad.
    k. biz- you do have a point but when the mom has been smoking or drinking or taking medicine while breast feeding the baby isnt going to turn out so slick. also human milk is easier on the stumach.
    Last edited by madds87; 06-27-2007 at 11:49 AM.

Does Strawberry Quick Count?

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    NOW, this isnt my opionion so take it for what its worth but i KNOW MANY BBERS WHO refuse to drink milk as they say it makes them soft, contrbutes to fat gain and makes you skin thick.......sugar is high ( I ealize it's lactose and ok) but what about soy? Better neutional profile and if you get the plain light, the fat is only 2.5g and the sugar is less than 7g......not bad.....'

My bber's buddy who does a few shows a year says the best way to gain weight (or what he does) is drinks close to a half gallong of whole milk a day.......granted, he's a monster off season at 250 and visible abs, but just his thoughts.......

Alot of BB's are morons. That is quite simply the issue, as are most people. I'd estimate that over 65% of America is borderline retarded and that is me being nice....sorry.

If you have an issue with it making you look soft, look into lactaid or better yet, stop it's use before you have a show, spring break etc....Otherwise it's very low GI, cheap and one of the best sources of protein around. How could that be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Alot of BB's are morons. That is quite simply the issue, as are most people. I'd estimate that over 65% of America is borderline retarded and that is me being nice....sorry.

If you have an issue with it making you look soft, look into lactaid or better yet, stop it's use before you have a show, spring break etc....Otherwise it's very low GI, cheap and one of the best sources of protein around. How could that be bad.
    giants- if you want to be stubborn about americas fda government then have at it. fda is only so many years old and it isnt perfected. still people are still about the money. im not saying milk is just straight up the devil. it just could be better and healthier, and if it causes diseases then why shouldnt they fix it??? no...... they dont want to because it "ruins the taste", and all they have to do is cook it!! Im telling this for every reader, just because of expereince. I have crohnes disease and if wasnt for that damn milk, i would of been ok. i would have a stronger immune system, and hell i would be alot bigger. keep getting sick and loosing all my gains. its aggrevating. so honestly guys if you want to stick with milk by all means have at it, but honestly i would go with goats milk or organic milk or something besides regular old dairy milk. your choice. think your invincible? drink cows milk.

Quote Originally Posted by madds87
    giants- if you want to be stubborn about americas fda government then have at it. fda is only so many years old and it isnt perfected. still people are still about the money. im not saying milk is just straight up the devil. it just could be better and healthier, and if it causes diseases then why shouldnt they fix it??? no...... they dont want to because it "ruins the taste", and all they have to do is cook it!! Im telling this for every reader, just because of expereince. I have crohnes disease and if wasnt for that damn milk, i would of been ok. i would have a stronger immune system, and hell i would be alot bigger. keep getting sick and loosing all my gains. its aggrevating. so honestly guys if you want to stick with milk by all means have at it, but honestly i would go with goats milk or organic milk or something besides regular old dairy milk. your choice. think your invincible? drink cows milk.
    We are talking about milk here as a healthy source of protein and carbs. I am not talking about what kinda of milk etc.....You want organic, goats milk fine...that's not my point. If you read the comment I responded to, you would see this quote:

i KNOW MANY BBERS WHO refuse to drink milk as they say it makes them soft, contrbutes to fat gain and makes you skin thick.......sugar is high

That is what I was addressing, those are common fallacies spread around by morons. And I'll keep drinking cow's milk just like a thousands of other with no issues what so ever. I am sorry to hear about your Chrones, are you saying that milk gave you Chrones?

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Got Milk?

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox
    Got Milk?

We are talking about milk here as a healthy source of protein and carbs. I am not talking about what kinda of milk etc.....You want organic, goats milk fine...that's not my point. If you read the comment I responded to, you would see this quote:

That is what I was addressing, those are common fallacies spread around by morons. And I'll keep drinking cow's milk just like a thousands of other with no issues what so ever. I am sorry to hear about your Chrones, are you saying that milk gave you Chrones?
    how much do u drink?? skim?

***ends on the day and what I am trying to accomplish. And yes always skim.

Crohn's disease. To my knowlege I B Ds, Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis....there were many who hypothesized that their was a link between milk and these autoimmune diseases, yet it was never proven. There have been other theories, as in environmental factors, stress and an immune system which is "to much protected". One thing that these studues did show was that this affliction was more common in N America, amongst people of jewish decendant(semites) and is on the rise meaning a greater percentage of the population suffer from it.

Crohn's disease. To my knowlege I B Ds, Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis....there were many who hypothesized that their was a link between milk and these autoimmune diseases, yet it was never proven. There have been other theories, as in environmental factors, stress and an immune system which is "to much protected". One thing that these studues did show was that this affliction was more common in N America, amongst people of jewish decendant(semites) and is on the rise meaning a greater percentage of the population suffer from it.

Interesting, yeah I found it hard to believe that milk caused Chron's. Because to my knowledge no one quite knows exactly. 2 family members have Chron's as well and I believe the docs thought it was attributed to stress and high anxiety.

Interesting, yeah I found it hard to believe that milk caused Chron's. Because to my knowledge no one quite knows exactly. 2 family members have Chron's as well and I believe the docs thought it was attributed to stress and high anxiety.

I believe many doctors say that stress is not the reason for Crohn's but can aggravate it.....if, naturally you are not in remission. Then again stress is never good from any POV.

well.... it was never proven mainly because there wasnt enough research done. dairy is a huge money biz so for us to prove them wrong it would take lots of money. but anyway, the proof is in the pudding lol, in other countries (i cant remember which one) there are no chrones disease patients. there dairy is heated and goes through a bunch of tests. then there is USA 5000 new CD's every year. hmmmmmmm. but then you ask why isnt everyone getting CD. well your not going to get it if you have strong biotics/bacteria in your digestive system. if you ask every CD patient they have been on a strong antibiotic before they were diagnosed.

I believe many doctors say that stress is not the reason for Crohn's but can aggravate it.....if, naturally you are not in remission. Then again stress is never good from any POV.
    stress does not create it but it does aggrevate it. even if in remition.

well.... it was never proven mainly because there wasnt enough research done. dairy is a huge money biz so for us to prove them wrong it would take lots of money. but anyway, the proof is in the pudding lol, in other countries (i cant remember which one) there are no chrones disease patients. there dairy is heated and goes through a bunch of tests. then there is USA 5000 new CD's every year. hmmmmmmm. but then you ask why isnt everyone getting CD. well your not going to get it if you have strong biotics/bacteria in your digestive system. if you ask every CD patient they have been on a strong antibiotic before they were diagnosed.

Indeed, the proof is in the pudding.

the only reason i braught this up, is for me to warn that some products and foods are not all that they are made up for. just be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Indeed, the proof is in the pudding.
    yes indeed lol. this is why i dont even touch those damn things, antibiotics i mean.

the only reason i braught this up, is for me to warn that some products and foods are not all that they are made up for. just be careful.
    Better than the animal that made it? Better than the food that human beings have been consuming for tens of thousands of years?

Don't be fooled, the food is fine. It is the process that makes it undigestible.

yes indeed lol. this is why i dont even touch those damn things, antibiotics i mean.
    Good man. They are garbage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information