benchaholic777 is offline New Member

rookie needs supplement help

I have been lifting for about 16 years and I feel pretty confident in my knowledge of exercises in the gym, but I'm having trouble with the supplements though. I don't want to take steroids , and I'm having trouble figuring out what to take from GNC. I have taken creatine when I was in collage because my partner took it, but other than that its just been beans, and taders. I'm about 225 lbs. 5'8 tall my body fat is around 22%. I want to take a supplement that will make recovery faster (I'm not as young as I use to be) and to reduce my body fat, I would love to get under 10%. I also don't want to sacrafice my strength, so I guess I need something for that as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DT

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Your best bet in lowering your body fat would come from refining your diet and cardio. As for supplements just do some research, but I'd stay away from GNC unless you're wealthy, you will get much better prices ordering online.

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    you have been lifting for 16 years so you should have your gym knowledge down, just work on your diet to get your bf down

there is no miracle supplement that is going to do the hard work for you

for standard supplements stick with whey protein pwo, creatine, and a multi-vitamin everyday

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    Quote Originally Posted by -DedicateD-
    you have been lifting for 16 years so you should have your gym knowledge down, just work on your diet to get your bf down

there is no miracle supplement that is going to do the hard work for you

for standard supplements stick with whey protein pwo, creatine, and a multi-vitamin everyday
    yupp
    and dont buy anything from GNC

jtmcpherson is offline New Member
    only a few good things in gnc. centrum , myoplex and the drink mixes. protein and vitamins. they don't have any pills are actually approved by th FDA etc. i looked up the ingredients in a bottle of their #1 selling pills and it contained licorice garlic and ginger.

Big
    GNC carries some good products, but you can get every one of them much cheaper online.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Get a good diet down pat.
    Get away from GNC.

Top 3 Supps:
    -Protein Powder
    -BCAAs
    -Multi-Vitamin

Get a good Pre Workout NO product, the best seems to be Amplify 02.
    As far as creatine, go with just regular monohydrate. Its cheaper, and proven in numerous studies that it works.

Order your stuff online or I go to a local Vitamin Shoppe every now and then.

violator1 is offline Associate Member
    online online online is the way to go! its like 50% less than anything at GNC. way overpriced and its weird how people keep going there. Stick with good multi-V, PWO whey protein, glutamine for recovery and immune health, creatine for some size and a few extra sets at the gym, thats about the basics i think. N.O. products are good for the pump and stretching out the muscle tissue. anyone else got any input??

I already take a men's one a day multi-vitamin I got them at Sam's I think. I will get a bottle of glutamine, but what is the difference between whey powder and pwo whey powder? What is BCAA? What is a NO product? Sorry for the questions I just never heard of this stuff.

DT

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by benchaholic777
    I already take a men's one a day multi-vitamin I got them at Sam's I think. I will get a bottle of glutamine, but what is the difference between whey powder and pwo whey powder? What is BCAA? What is a NO product? Sorry for the questions I just never heard of this stuff.

DT
    pwo=post work out
    BCAA=branched chain amino acids
    NO=nitric oxide

should I get 2 different whey powders, a regular and post workout? What are the specific BCAA's?

void the question about BCAA's I just figured it out.DAH.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by benchaholic777
    should I get 2 different whey powders, a regular and post workout? What are the specific BCAA's?

All you need is 1.

I recommend ON's 100% Gold Standard Whey. Good price, great quality, and taste decent.

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    Here's another bump for online ordering. If you have items you like that you get at GNC cool. Just search them online and pick them up that way. You will find you may have to go to a few different sites to get what you want at the best price.
    You best friend is going to be your supermarket. good clean foods.
    Protein powder of your choice make it whey protein. Do a search to help find a good brand with a good taste.
    BCAA are important also.
    Don't forget EFA's You need fat to lose fat
    And a lot of water.
    Good Luck
    Buff

Thread Information