L-Dog is offline Female Member

Lightbulb Supplements for Women

Does anyone know of some good supplements for women? I'm looking to lose body fat while gaining muscle. The problem is I need to be careful about what supplements I use due to a hypothyroid problem. I've been warned against taking fat burners.

Thanks for your help!!!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Anything that induces fat loss has the effect of increasing the body core temp and usally involves the thyroid gland which is something you do not want to do.I can,t think of any supplement that would help maybe Pete or Tobey can bail me out of this one!

I know. That's the problem. There is one called Metabolic Thyrolean which claims not to alter the function of the thyroid. At this point I'm just starting working out again, so I'm confused as to what I should take if anything. A friend suggested BCAA? I don'g know if I should jsut do things naturally at first and see how it goes???

Thanks for your response. I'm sure we'll talk again!

The thyroid is a funny thing to play around with and I would go naturally if you have only just started to work out again.You may be able to lose enough from good diet and cardio.There are natural fat burners like Chronsium and Cartnine (I,m not sure if I have the correct spelling )but as to whether these are as effective as the marketers would like us to believe is another thing but could be worth a look

samoth is offline Member
    hypothyroid... means slowed thyroid function, correct? If thats true, then why do you need to stay away from fatburners that effect the thyroid?

CYCLEON Guest
    being hypothyroid im supprised that you arent able to get a script for t4 or t3. That is a good alternative but I see no reason why yo would need to avoid ECA fat burners. Your situation is quite typical with overwieght people (Most are hypothyroid - thats why they have extra pounds). If you were hyperthyroid, that would be a diferent issue. Please see my T3 cycling thread in the Hot Topics section and also look at xenadrin/clen etc. none of these should be a problem - you will need to learn to cycle them so a s to allow your natural production to come back on line smoothly.

Yes, I have a prescription for Levothroid, which is a combination of T3 and T4, but if you look on the labels of any of the fat burners, they all say WARNING: Do not use if you have thyroid disease??? I'm not sure why? But if it's safe, I would love to take something.

I used to be overweight pushing 200 pounds, then about three years ago I got intense about losing the weight, and I dropped to my lowest ever of 130. Now I'm about 155 and I'd like to lose at least 20 pounds. More so than pounds, I'm trying to focus on body fat percentage. Doing it in a healthy and safe manner is key for me at this pioint! Any advice you amy have will help greatly!

CYCLEON Guest
    well, are you taking the medication on a continual basis? or are you cycling it? and either way how much?

If you are HYPO you do have a slow thyroid and ECA will be OK my mistake though I thought your post said Hyperthyroid.

I'm hypo, and I take 125 mcg of levothyroid daily.

What do you think I should take?

CYCLEON Guest
    that would be 100mcg t4 + 25 mcg t3 or equivalent to 50mcg T3.

well, I had a long answer writen out but the board goofed and deleted it so ill give you the short one.

adipokinetix
    mass quantities PPA
    xenadrine

all good to take for burning and should be ok - your thyroid wont down regulate while you are taking t3 anyway.

you can also cycle clenbuterol 2 weeks on wiht two weeks ECA (the above stuff) or you can get some ketotifen and keep at it - please read my keto thread in Hot topics

Thread Information