Thread: glutamine?

fitguy is offline Anabolic Member

glutamine?

on workout days only or non workout days as well

moush is offline Senior Member
    i take it pre and post on workout days and once in the AM on nonworkout days

torontodude is offline Member
    i take it once before i go to bed on work out days and once in the morning on nonworkout days

fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    does it help in anyway?

Armenian is offline New Member
    i drop a tablespoon in w/ some water before i go to bed at night.

RAILroad is offline Junior Member
    i take it right after i get done lifting i throw it in my protein and then again befor ei head to bed and then on my cardio only days i just take it in the afternoon seems to work for me very welllll

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    I take it in 5g doses 30 mins before 4-5 of my meals.
    Im big on glutamine

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    before and after workouts.
    and before bedtime

Also the benefits on glutamine just keep on rolling out

Coach 44 is offline Associate Member
    To reiterate, does it help in any way? Be specific if you would. Thanks in advance.

google the "benefits of glutamine"
    Also its pretty much in most mags recent research

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Glutamine plays key roles in protein metabolism, cell volumizing, and anti-catabolism. Glutamine also increases your ability to secrete Human Growth Hormone , which helps metabolize body fat and support new muscle growth. Glutamine's anti-catabolism ability prevents the breakdown of your muscles.
    Glutamine has been linked to protein synthesis. It prevents your muscle from being catabolized (eaten up) in order to provide Glutamine for other cells in the body.

Glutamine helps maintain cell volume and hydration, speeding up wound and burn healing and recovery.

Glutamine benefits you by replenishing declining Glutamine levels during intense workouts.

Research has shown Glutamine can help you produce growth hormone levels. A study has shown 2 grams of L-Glutamine increased growth hormones by over 400%.

Glutamine may serve to boost your immune system. For bodybuilders, this is important since heavy workouts tend to greatly deplete Glutamine levels. (Glutamine is a primary energy source for your immune system.)

Glutamine is one of the most important nutrients for your intestines. It has the ability to 'repair a leaky gut' by maintaining the structural integrity of the bowels.

Bet you didn't know this: It can even cure ulcers! Studies have found that 1.6 grams of Glutamine a day had a 92% cure rate in 4 weeks.

JuliasDad is offline Associate Member
    i have stomach problems, i never knew some of these benefits, im going to throw some glutamine in my diet. i took it a few years ago but have been off it for a while

can anyone reccomend a good affordable glutamine and a good dose?
    Last edited by JuliasDad; 02-04-2008 at 04:30 PM.

5G gnc brand is ok, take on an empty stomach say 30 mins before each meal.
    I do that about 4-5 times a day

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    Glutamine plays key roles in protein metabolism, cell volumizing, and anti-catabolism. Glutamine also increases your ability to secrete Human Growth Hormone , which helps metabolize body fat and support new muscle growth. Glutamine's anti-catabolism ability prevents the breakdown of your muscles.
    Glutamine has been linked to protein synthesis. It prevents your muscle from being catabolized (eaten up) in order to provide Glutamine for other cells in the body.

Glutamine helps maintain cell volume and hydration, speeding up wound and burn healing and recovery.

Glutamine benefits you by replenishing declining Glutamine levels during intense workouts.

Research has shown Glutamine can help you produce growth hormone levels. A study has shown 2 grams of L-Glutamine increased growth hormones by over 400%.

Glutamine may serve to boost your immune system. For bodybuilders, this is important since heavy workouts tend to greatly deplete Glutamine levels. (Glutamine is a primary energy source for your immune system.)

Glutamine is one of the most important nutrients for your intestines. It has the ability to 'repair a leaky gut' by maintaining the structural integrity of the bowels.

Bet you didn't know this: It can even cure ulcers! Studies have found that 1.6 grams of Glutamine a day had a 92% cure rate in 4 weeks.
    They did not mention that glutamine has terrible bio availability and there are no studies proving oral admin of glutamine is beneficial. There are studies showing its use IV on burns victims to be positive.

Thread Information