Thread: BCAA's

nightowlman is offline New Member

BCAA's

I was about to buy some bcaa's but I read a few threads saying that taking bcaa's is pointless if you are already taking plenty of protein powder(even if the protein doesn't have bcaa's added). I'm taking protein already, should I leave those bcaa's on the shelf?

importeater91 is offline Member
    if im not mistaken the bcaa's help you keep the muscle that you gained after you worked out. i take a protien shake with glutamine and bcaa's before and after the gym and it seems to work for me. the guy at the supp store told me the same thing. what does your diet look like?

nightowlman is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by importeater91
    if im not mistaken the bcaa's help you keep the muscle that you gained after you worked out. i take a protien shake with glutamine and bcaa's before and after the gym and it seems to work for me. the guy at the supp store told me the same thing. what does your diet look like?
    My diet is basically 4 meals/day - eggs and oatmeal for breakfast, two turkey sandwiches or burgers as meals in the afternoon, and fish for dinner after workouts. And protein shakes of course.

So if that's what bcaa's do, wouldn't that be supplementally redundant, since that's pretty much what glutamine does?

moush is offline Senior Member
    bcaas help stop/prevent catabolism.

SuperK is offline Associate Member
    bcaa's are three essential amino acids and i personally take them in addition to protein shakes. check out my thread for more details but the bottom line is that it's better to have a little too many than not enough.Which over the counter suplements work best with a cycle?

Thread Information