yungfaceb3 is offline Associate Member

BCAA's vs l-Glutamine

I have taken l-glutamine for a while now, and have recently greatly upped the dosages included in my daily intake, and it works very well for me. My diet and training are good, and I'm a natural bber. I usually take creatine and then creatine/NO2 before my workout, and afterwards I will take l-glutamine before my PWO shake. I will take l-glutamine later on that night as well (2-3 times daily.) My question is this. I know BCAAs help the body maintain anabolism and prevent muscle wasting, but at the same time, glutamine is an anticatabolic substance that helps prevent muscle breakdown. So which one is better considering they do similar things..and is it even necesary to supplement with BCAAs outside of those contaned within protein shakes, or does l-glutamine handle catabolism and muscle wasting just fine by itself?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I think its more important to supplement with a broad spectrum protein source. You have transporters for amino acids that take amino acids from the intestines to the portal vein for processing by the liver. Each transporter carries between 3 or 4 different amino acid types specific to each transporter. If you super supplement with one particular type of amino acid or acids then you run the risk of being deficient in the other 2 or 3 aminos acids that are carried on that transporter due to physical space limitations within that transporter.

yungfaceb3 is offline Associate Member
    is this why they say do no take creatine and glutamine together or within a close proximity of each other?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Im not sure what the reason is for that. I have never heard that before to tell you the truth.

llrockyll is offline Member
    bro ur getting ur bcaa's in ur protein shake so ur set there just pick up some essential amino acids and take as directed. that will cover all ur basis.

Thread Information