Kind-of-a-fatty is offline New Member

Is Ephedra enough?

It's good to be here among such knowledgable people.

I am 28 and have been taking Ephedra for a year or so, and working out. I have lost 30 lbs, and I now weigh 225.
    My question: Is taking Ephedra and doing cardio/weights enough, or could I be maximizing my efforts by taking T3, or something in addition to the Ephedra to take off the rest of the fat? (I read that taking clen is the same as ephedra?)

Thanks in advance for your responses!

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    How much are you taking? Are you taking it with aspirin and caffeine? Are you cycling it? It shouldn't be taken for a year straight! Clen and Ephedra are different but both work on some of the same receptors so you do need breaks from them. Post up your diet in the diet forum to make sure it's looking good if you're hitting a plateau.

Yeah - I've just been taking 400 mg of ephedra extract every day to control my appetite. Sometimes w/ caffeine before workouts, most of the time not. What does aspirin do? Should I be taking that as well? I struggle with my diet, but am doing better. I wouldn't say I've hit a plateau as far as losing weight, the slip-ups in my diet keep me between 225 and 230. I just wanted to know if any other suppliment might get me over the edge and make a real difference, like T3, etc?

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    did you say 400mg? At most 100mg
    Try taking some benadryl for 1 week with 50 mg of diphenhydramine, 2 pills or mouth tabs

Have you changed any of your eating habits to change towards your goals?
    Just my 0.02 Cents
    Last edited by jackjackson; 12-14-2007 at 10:56 AM.

The eating habits are not great - I must admit. I don't eat a lot, but when I do, it usually isn't super healthy. My main goal would be to lose the fat, and keep the muscle. Maybe I'm asking for too much, too soon. Maybe I should lose the fat first, and then take something to bulk up/get cut. Thoughts?

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    You're not going to lose just fat with a bad diet and ephedra. Also, adding T3 would be a horrible idea at this time because it will target both fat and muscle. No matter what you do, if your diet is not intact you're going to be losing fat/muscle and end up being the skinny-fat guy. Get on the diet! There are plenty of people here that will help you critique. Go to the diet section and read the cutting sticky, don't feel overwhelmed, make small strides towards getting your diet perfect if you're not a all-or-nothing kind of guy. Good luck.

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    Get your diet intact, honestly your just wasting your own time and money.
    Its not that easy, Get your diet straight first, trust me

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll head over to the diet section and read up over there. One last question though, is it really possible to maintain/gain muscle and lose fat at the same time?

Thread Information