tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member

Creatine Questions?

Ok i have done my research and have develope some questions of my own..first of all i have never used creatine and through this thread will decide if i would like to depending on some of the answers i get....I would like to hear about peoples good and bad experiences...I hope to help other people that need some help deciding through this thread...Here are my starting questions

I've read creatine loading is pointless unless you are a serious athlete?

How long should cycles go for a beginner?

Is taking 1 serving a day after post workout pointless (from beggining to end cycle)? Id be taking it with Whey protein as well.

Does it make you pee an extreme amount?

rager is offline Member
    Like it for power, recuperations, lubing of joints. Take 5-10 grams a day. I always take it postworkout. Many take it before and after workout. You need to try it for yourself. Some people love it some dont..

mike954 is offline Member
    dude there is alot of differant kinds of creatine stay away form monohydrate it makes you retane alot of water i would recomend animal pump its got a good creatine mix and it gives you nice pumps aswell from the N.O and i do belive it help with strength!

if i decide to take it... i would like to take it correctly i would only plan to take it 1 time a day during post workout along with whey protein??? good or bad? lets keep the questions going... thinking about muscletechs- celltech hardcore

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpatrick1987 View Post
    You pee more because you are supposed to drink more water. Creatine helps push more water into your muscles so you actually retain more water.

hondarider38 is offline Junior Member
    Hey bro I have taken Cell tech by muscletech. Great brand you load for the first five days taking 2 scoops in the moring and two after you workout. Then its just 2 scoops after workout. I have found that it helps alot with strength and recovery time. As for water retention, I really don't notice that much on me. I personally don't think you should take it for more than 2-3 months at a time. Cuz your body will just get used to it and you won't make the same gains on it. I think cell tech pry has the best creatine out there. You really can't go wrong with muscle tech.

im really not trying to load ...mentally i dont feel comfortable putting that much of something into my body..i only a rough 6'1 135lbs...if i was take to take it ... it would be 1 serv a day till the 6lb bottle was gone....would this be a waiste?

hondarider38 is offline Junior Member
    Im not really sure what your scared of its just creatine. The directions call for you to loadfor the first 5 days then its one serving after you work out. If your only going to use one jug. You will pry gain a few pounds of which almost all will be water weight.

maybe a pill form would work better for me??? Powder or pill??? whats a good brand for the pills?

rager is offline Member
    im really not trying to load ...mentally i dont feel comfortable putting that much of something into my body..i only a rough 6'1 135lbs...if i was take to take it ... it would be 1 serv a day till the 6lb bottle was gone....would this be a waiste?
    Loading is not bad for you dude. It slams it in your system that much quicker. Plus you will throw on some quick weight when you load.

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    If you're a thin guy get Creatine Monohydrate... You load for 4-5 days after that you take a few pills a day for a month and retain it. Plus taking into account your height and weight you're a bit thin so the water retention is going to make you look bigger as an ego boost. Also it's hella cheap for the monohydrate pills...

rager is offline Member
    At your height and weight you need creatine, a ton of food and probably some type of weight gainer. I have a friend with basically the same stats as you and its still tough after all those supps for him to put any descent size on... good luck

GCgainer is offline New Member
    I personally dont do the loading phase when I take creatine. I only run it about 8 weeks at a time, only when im bulking b/c of the water retention. I just take it with my pre and post workout shakes. Strength def. goes up and so does my weight. I use the monohydrate as well. This works for me but I hope it helps you for what its worth.

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    Ok i have done my research and have develope some questions of my own..first of all i have never used creatine and through this thread will decide if i would like to depending on some of the answers i get....I would like to hear about peoples good and bad experiences...I hope to help other people that need some help deciding through this thread...Here are my starting questions

I've read creatine loading is pointless unless you are a serious athlete?

How long should cycles go for a beginner?

Is taking 1 serving a day after post workout pointless (from beggining to end cycle)? Id be taking it with Whey protein as well.

I load to get my levels stabilized quicker

I take creatine for as long as I want to I dont practice cycling just for the sake of it

After loading I take a serving right after working out then wait 30 min and take my protein or eat

I tend to pee more but its due to increased water intake

At 6'1 135 how long have you been working out and what is your diet like?

i've been dieting for 4 months i started at 114...i have my diet posted on the diet forum we are sorta in the process of tweaking it and getting more protein in it....look at my posts

bump for more replies on orignial post

Bump ^ Bump^ Bump^

39+1 is offline Banned
    studies are now showing that there is no need to cycle creatine and it has other benefits. for along time a thought advising older people to take it and it seems the research on creatine is supporting my hypothesis. I feel the creatine simply allows the body to retain more H20 and as we age we loose water and retention is now being linked to many health benefits. The different types of creatine are not showing a wide variance of effects, but to each is own.
    I dont pre load anything I just dont feel lthe need to tax my system like that.

Thread Information