juicelee is offline Associate Member

Arachidonic Acid

hey bros,

Im not sure if this is news at all but I just read this regarding Arachidonic acid or X factor....let me know what you all think

Arachidonic acid and its metabolites effects on testosterone production by rat Leydig cells.Romanelli F, Valenca M, Conte D, Isidori A, Negro-Vilar A.
    Cattedra di Andrologia, Università di Roma La Sapienza, Italy.

Arachidonic acid (AA) seems to play an important role in testicular steroidogenesis, although controversial data exist in the literature. In the present study AA induced a dose related increase of testosterone (T) formation and, at the highest dose, stimulated the production of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), leukotrienes B4 (LTB4) and C4 (LTC4) by purified rat Leydig cells. The contemporary addition of the prostaglandin synthesis blocker, indomethacin (IND), and AA further increased T formation, decreased PGE2 levels and did not modify LTB4 and LTC4 concentrations. The addition of a lipoxygenase inhibitor, nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA, 5 microM), did not influence the stimulatory effect of AA on T and PGE2 formation while it decreased the output of LTB4 and LTC4. When 20 microM NDGA was used in addition to AA the expected reduction of leukotrienes release was observed together with a surprising impairment of T and PGE2 secretion. PGE2 and PGF2 alpha did not modify basal T production but reduced HCG -stimulated T secretion at the 10 nM dose. When 5-12- and 15-HETE were tested an enhancement of basal T formation was observed at the 10nM dose. 5-HETE (10nM) stimulated HCG-induced T production. LTA4, LTB4 and LTE4 did not influence basal T output while LTC4 and LTD4 inhibited it. LTC4 (10nM) induced a decrease of HCG-stimulated T production. These findings suggest that: 1) exogenous AA stimulates T secretion; 2) conversion of AA to cycloxygenated and lipoxygenated metabolites is not required for its steroidogenic effect; 3) cycloxygenated and lipoxygenated compounds play a diverse modulatory role on testicular steroidogenesis.

PMID: 7615904 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    i have two bottles i haven't used. I'm curious to what everyone thinks about it.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalsux View Post
    i have two bottles i haven't used. I'm curious to what everyone thinks about it.
    Well you should have no problems creating inflammation when need be.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Well you should have no problems creating inflammation when need be.
    one of the reason i didnt like was, they said it was best to not take any efas so you could have more inflammation IIRC.

so what do you think about it? junk?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    AA is an EFA *****-6 if I am not mistaken, I see no reason not to take it as long as its not in huge amounts. As far as raising test levels in someone I dont believe it has much value.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    AA is an EFA *****-6 if I am not mistaken, I see no reason not to take it as long as its not in huge amounts. As far as raising test levels in someone I dont believe it has much value.

the instructions say to avoid o m e g a 3 fatty acids and anti inflamatory products while taking x factor.

its made up of a bunch of acids.

thanks for your input.

Thread Information