niceshotman is offline Junior Member

Beta Alanine Side Effects...

I heard some good things about Beta Alanine, so I decided to give it a try. On the bottle it said take 2 grams (2000 mg) at a time. So, after my last WO, I mixed it with water and drank it.

I never heard that there were any side effects from it, so I wasn't expecting anything. But as soon as I drank it, my mouth and lips felt like they had a thousand cuts on them, and that there was salt or lemon juice burning them.

I expected it to go away soon. Several minutes later, my face, ears, neck and shoulders were itching and tingling like "pins & needles". This got me wondering, so I looked it up online to figure out what is causing this.

As it turns out, people can experience itching and tingling, called paraestheisa, from as little as 10 mg for every kg of bodyweight. I took over 20 mg per kg of bodyweight, because the bottle said the dose was 2000 mg, which is more than 20mg/kg for a 200 lb person.

I figured I'd share this, so that someone new to this stuff knows what to expect. The itching is not as horrible as a major sunburn or being attacked by no see ums/sand fleas, but it IS irritating & distracting. I may be more sensitive to this stuff than other people, but I would suggest maybe starting out with a smaller dose and then testing how much you can comfortably tolerate.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    thats how u know its working

niceshotman is offline Junior Member
    ...in that case, I'll double the dosage !

Thread Information